British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2020

On 11/7/2019 at 7:32 AM, mrss said:

I keep seeing that Broc Nicol is linked to Sheefields team for next season. I thought he signed a 2 year deal with the Stars this season. Also I read Robin Brundle say that Nicol will definetly be in next years team.

he signed for glasgow

30 minutes ago, Rockstar99 said:

Thoughts?

1. Robert Lambert 7.81
2. Craig Cook 7.78
3. Erik Riss 6.61
4. Michael Palm Toft 6.30
5. Lewis Kerr 5.57
6. Ty Proctor 4.43
7. Broc Nicol 4.00

Team Total 42.50
Remaining 0.00

Kerr weak at 5. Reserve only for me, but average a bit high.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Rockstar99 said:

Thoughts?

1. Robert Lambert 7.81
2. Craig Cook 7.78
3. Erik Riss 6.61
4. Michael Palm Toft 6.30
5. Lewis Kerr 5.57
6. Ty Proctor 4.43
7. Broc Nicol 4.00

Team Total 42.50
Remaining 0.00

Playoffs for sure - Would take that team in a heart beat, although I’d love to see Neils back if he’s racing the UK 

Need one or two more new faces than that, away form needs addressing. Don’t think you can start with Lewis in the top five unfortunately going by last season. 

The more I think about it having Lambert, Cook and Riss as a heat leader trio is a must. Choose the other four carefully and we could have a team who will challenge at the business end of the season. 

1 hour ago, kelvinht said:

Whatever the team next year, I just hope the announcements aren't drip fed through til March

If it is drip fed people will moan,if it is given out all in one go people will moan.There will never be a way to satisfy all unfortunately.I'm just happy as long as our team is announced before the first meeting:D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

If it is drip fed people will moan,if it is given out all in one go people will moan.There will never be a way to satisfy all unfortunately.I'm just happy as long as our team is announced before the first meeting:D

Don't be silly, speedway fans moan, surely not. 

• Haha 1

Would like to see

Robert Lambert    7.81
Craig Cook            7.78
Niels k Iversen     7.54
Erik Riss                6.61
Ryan Douglas       4.66
Broc Nichol           4.00
Jonas Jeppersen 4.00

More like to be

Robert Lambert    7.81
Erik Riss                6.61
Mpt                        6.30
Chris Harris          6.16
TJ                           5.90
Lewis Kerr             5.57
Kasper Andersen 4.00

• Haha 1

Now Poole have dropped a division I'd like to see us go all out and grab Brady Kurtz, Josh Grajczonek and Richie Worrall. 

1. Robert Lambert 7.81

2. Eric Riss 6.61

3. Josh Grajczonek 7.29

4. Richie Worrall 5.22

5. Brady Kurtz 7.54

6. Ty Proctor 4.43

7. Ellis Perks 3.57

Ave: 42.44

On 11/16/2019 at 3:52 PM, tellboy said:

For years, the normal way of announcing the team was at the December, Supporter's meeting.  This excepted practice appeared to work perfectly, so why change something that wasn't broken..??

21 minutes ago, g13webb said:

For years, the normal way of announcing the team was at the December, Supporter's meeting.  This excepted practice appeared to work perfectly, so why change something that wasn't broken..??

Perhaps they thought it might be an even better way which would maximise media exposure? 

I think they got it wrong by leaving such long gaps between riders, if they did one a week for example it might work better. I agree with you though, the supporters nights worked well back in the day. Perhaps nowadays though with social media putting things into the public domain the instant they happen folk would rather stay at home and see it on their screen than travel to the stadium.