British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2020

7 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

It is correct otherwise, by what you're interpreting it as, a rider can not sign for a Premiership club for the first week of the season then come in on his Championship average. 

As an example: Brian Bongo finished the previous Prem season on a 12.00 average. He also finished the Championship season on a 5.00 average.

Misses the first week of the Premiership the following season so would come in on his Championship converted average? 

The rider would keep his previous PL average UNTIL THE FIRST CL AVERAGE OF THE NEW SEASON when the old PL average becomes irrelevant.

42 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The rider would keep his previous PL average UNTIL THE FIRST CL AVERAGE OF THE NEW SEASON when the old PL average becomes irrelevant.

But the rules don't say that. That's just interpretation again

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

It's not interpretation, Art 16.2.5 says exactly that......

Let's look again at Brian Bongo who you suggest finished the 2019 Prem season on a 12.00 average. He also finished the Championship season on a 5.00 average.

The rule states: 'The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league.'

So for team-building at the beginning of the 2020 season Bongo has 2019 established MAs in both leagues. Not surprisingly he doesn't get a PL berth but starts the 2020 CL season on a 5.00 average. Until the first GSAs for 2020 are issued that remains the situation, and should Bongo get an early PL call-up to cover injury he would come in on a 12 point average.

As soon as Bongo receives a new 2020 CL GSA that becomes his most recently established MA and he no longer has averages in both leagues established in the same season. At that point, any previous average becomes irrelevant.

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

Let's look again at Brian Bongo who you suggest finished the 2019 Prem season on a 12.00 average. He also finished the Championship season on a 5.00 average.

The rule states: 'The most recently established MA will be used. If a rider has an established MA in both the Premiership and Championship Leagues, established in the same season, that leagues MA will apply to that league.'

So for team-building at the beginning of the 2020 season Bongo has 2019 established MAs in both leagues. Not surprisingly he doesn't get a PL berth but starts the 2020 CL season on a 5.00 average. Until the first GSAs for 2020 are issued that remains the situation, and should Bongo get an early PL call-up to cover injury he would come in on a 12 point average.

As soon as Bongo receives a new 2020 CL GSA that becomes his most recently established MA and he no longer has averages in both leagues established in the same season. At that point, any previous average becomes irrelevant.

Wow..

Sometimes I do believe those within the 'inner sanctum' see this sort of thing as 'perfectly normal'..

Whilst those who pay the wages (the fans)  also known as 'those who really matter'...

Think..

"What a load of bollox"....

Edited by mikebv
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Your in a hole - stop digging ;)

1 hour ago, mikebv said:

Wow..

Sometimes I do believe those within the 'inner sanctum' take this sort of thing as 'normal'..

Whilst those who pay the wages (the fans)  also known as those who really matter...

Think..

What a load of bollox..

You may not think the regulation is a good one but as Neil pointed out it was applied correctly and was as intended for Cook (and others)

5 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

It makes a big difference for riders like Lasse Bjerre (5.92) and Ben Barker (5.28) rather than sign them on their Prem aves, wait a month & sign them on their converted Champ aves (if Lasse gets a spot for example) Lasse Bjerre (5.87 / 1.6 = minimum 4.00) or Ben Barker (7.24 / 1.6 = 4.53)!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikebv said:

Wow..

Sometimes I do believe those within the 'inner sanctum' take this sort of thing as 'normal'..

Whilst those who pay the wages (the fans)  also known as those who really matter...

Think..

What a load of bollox..

Is the right answer

8 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

It makes a big difference for riders like Lasse Bjerre (5.92) and Ben Barker (5.28) rather than sign them on their Prem aves, wait a month & sign them on their converted Champ aves (if Lasse gets a spot for example) Lasse Bjerre (5.87 / 1.6 = minimum 4.00) or Ben Barker (7.24 / 1.6 = 4.53)!

Still wouldn't touch either of them on those averages 

8 hours ago, semion said:

Never mind all that.  The big question I wanna know is this chap Brian Bongo, is he available ?

Beat me to it! Is he related to Ali Bongo? He might be a magic signing if that's the case!

3 minutes ago, mrss said:

Half decent riders won’t win any trophy’s. Decent riders win things.

Not really, he could quite easily win something with Redcar this year and with Lynn in the future as a number seven. 

You should try posting something positive for a change, would do you the world of good I’m sure. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not really, he could quite easily win something with Redcar this year and with Lynn in the future as a number seven. 

You should try posting something positive for a change, would do you the world of good I’m sure. 

I am sure he could win something with Redcar. I am positive and looking forward to the new season. I also live in the real world , and can’t see Kasper Anderson ever being as good as people like Doyle or Fricke, they are decent riders not half decent.

No team will ever have a 1-7 full of decent riders.You will have some half decent and some not as good as that.Thats the way the team average dictates.Imo Kasper will be half decent.He done ok with Redcar and wasn't too bad away from the NA with Lynn.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, mrss said:

I am sure he could win something with Redcar. I am positive and looking forward to the new season. I also live in the real world , and can’t see Kasper Anderson ever being as good as people like Doyle or Fricke, they are decent riders not half decent.

Absolutely, he is highly unlikely to get to their level but as tellboy says you can’t build a team full of superstars. Half decent riders are equally important. 

• Like 1