British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2020

On 12/17/2019 at 7:15 PM, Trees said:

Dale went through the process/parameters he has to work to to sign a team, reminding us that as much as we might think/expect, no club can just pick a rider out and sign them ......

Thomas is working hard on his whole racing package to improve all round basically and having Dale in his corner will help him ......

Does those same parameters apply to other teams like Swindon, Belle Vue and Sheffield.  ? ?      or cant we afford to compete on their level ?? ...      If not then probably we should have followed Poole's lead and drop down a division..      They appear to have assembled a team equal to ours already...

1 minute ago, g13webb said:

Does those same parameters apply to other teams like Swindon, Belle Vue and Sheffield.  ? ?      or cant we afford to compete on their level ?? ...      If not then probably we should have followed Poole's lead and drop down a division..      They appear to have assembled a team equal to ours already...

Our team isn't complete, how do you know?  As he said there are multiple parameters that have to be adhered too, not only affordability ..... 

There seems to be this general idea that Sheffield are going to be brilliant because they’ve got Pedersen to come back over here and that signing Kildemand will make Belle Vue world beaters? I don’t think we will look too different to them once our full team is revealed. I certainly don’t see our side being built on the cheap at all. 

Swindon stand out on paper because of their top four but even that could be very different once the racing begins. 

If it’s Cook and Riss to come and those 2 plus Lambert can whack in a 3 point average  increase then that will push in Lynn in amongst it at the top of the League.  If we start well then those 3 could really come to the party.  If we don’t then the same three could offer the same as last season.

Edited by semion

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

There seems to be this general idea that Sheffield are going to be brilliant because they’ve got Pedersen to come back over here and that signing Kildemand will make Belle Vue world beaters? I don’t think we will look too different to them once our full team is revealed. I certainly don’t see our side being built on the cheap at all. 

Swindon stand out on paper because of their top four but even that could be very different once the racing begins. 

Spot on.

Throughout the season up to August Swindon were still struggling to make the top four and looking poor away.

Everyone seems to forget that since they picked up in September.

1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

There is a chink of light fellas as it was announced at the talk in the other night that the track will be prepared slicker, hopefully that will mean better racing. Certainly can’t make it worse! 

Think it can only be helped with Buster slipping into the background. If he continues to interfere with the track though, Dale will be on a collision course and out the club, just like Rob Lyon. 

I wish I could be optimistic like others on here,    but have been down this road too many times .    

Years back, when the track was good,   the score wasn't as important because the racing made it exciting.   Now with this 'Gate and Go'  philosophy  the only consolation  is the winning margin..     I've always believed the track is basically a good size and shape and lends itself to good racing, just a pity on the shale they use and the amount they put on it....  Making it slicker will provide better racing... 

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Think it can only be helped with Buster slipping into the background. If he continues to interfere with the track though, Dale will be on a collision course and out the club, just like Rob Lyon. 

I understand that is going to be the case hence Shroeck carrying on as TM so that Dale can promote. 

22 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I wish I could be optimistic like others on here,    but have been down this road too many times .    

Years back, when the track was good,   the score wasn't as important because the racing made it exciting.   Now with this 'Gate and Go'  philosophy  the only consolation  is the winning margin..     I've always believed the track is basically a good size and shape and lends itself to good racing, just a pity on the shale they use and the amount they put on it....  Making it slicker will provide better racing... 

Basically a good shape, but do think a bit of extra width in the bends (and hence slightly shorter straights) would help.....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kelvinht said:

Basically a good shape, but do think a bit of extra width in the bends (and hence slightly shorter straights) would help.....

I'd agree with that. Take the 342 m down to around the 300 mark.:t:

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Those changes certainly improved the track and racing at Swindon

Only seen your new track on TV, but have read the comments from fans on here. It would be nice if Buster could chip a bit of the concrete away and do the same :t:

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

Only seen your new track on TV, but have read the reviews from fans on here. It would be nice if Buster could chip a bit of the concrete away and do the same :t:

Swindon also widened the straights by about a mtr and shortened the straights which reduced the overall length from 360 to 315 mtrs.  What is good is that the racing speeds are higher and the new width of the straights and bends gives more racing lines. 

1 minute ago, A ORLOV said:

Swindon also widened the straights by about a mtr and shortened the straights which reduced the overall length from 360 to 315 mtrs.  What is good is that the racing speeds are higher and the new width of the straights and bends gives more racing lines. 

I'd be well happy with that at the AFA. But not holding me breath ;)

• Like 1