British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Aces 2020

On 5/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, DBP said:

Think the crowd levels will be low until the restrictions are further  lifted on June 21

The majority of fans dont like or can't book online.

I and quite a few of the people I stand with  on the back straight will be waiting till June 21, I note the price for standing on the back straight (south stand) is now £20

Will watch the first match on Eurosport.

First meeting nearly sold out so no issues there.

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, Rob B said:

Belle Vue cancelled their next 2 home meetings on 21st & 28th. Next meeting now 12 July which was due to be on Eurosport 

One of the biggest speedway stadiums in the country, they must get huge crowds for this to happen 

1 minute ago, penchev said:

One of the biggest speedway stadiums in the country, they must get huge crowds for this to happen 

Its disappointing of course, but makes sense, only 7 league meetings left so plenty of time to run them with hopefully no restrictions.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SUPERACE said:

Its disappointing of course, but makes sense, only 7 league meetings left so plenty of time to run them with hopefully no restrictions.

We'll still have double headers and promoters moaning about it, you just know it.

• Like 1

I think under the circumstances with 6 teams in the league it's not a bad option to cancel the next 2 and stage them after the 19 July when I'm totally certain restrictions will have been lifted... Its a shame as I have just started going again after over 25 years away !.... I thought there was actually a good crowd for the Peterborough match I went to which was sold out so if they can get all them plus the extra allowed then it looks quite rosy for Belle Vue at least... I hope all other clubs can ride out the storm until 19 July. 

16 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Perhaps british speedway as a whole should be halted until July 19th ,so that every team can run with hopefully no restrictions so they can all obtain a  better financial return  ,

I think it will be, and makes complete sense (unlike the extension of lockdown which has no sense whatsoever).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Perhaps british speedway as a whole should be halted until July 19th ,so that every team can run with hopefully no restrictions so they can all obtain a  better financial return  ,

That would make sense, only we wont be coming out then either

On 6/17/2021 at 7:14 PM, The Third Man said:

That would make sense, only we wont be coming out then either

We will..If we don’t come out then when every bugger is vaccinated then we may as well spend the rest of our lives under these restrictions…the virus is something we will have to live normally alongside like every other virus out there….speedway crowds will be normal from 19 July I’m pretty sure.

Any news of when the Belle Vue v Woves tickets for 12 July will be on sale as I want to book some. ?

• Like 2