British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue Aces 2020

Does that make us lucky at Lynn or was some championship clubs supporters unlucky.

Dont think there will be a huge difference in team strengths between the premier and championship so maybe £13/£14 would be a fair price ?

1 minute ago, Clive Ward said:

Does that make us lucky at Lynn or was some championship clubs supporters unlucky.

Dont think there will be a huge difference in team strengths between the premier and championship so maybe £13/£14 would be a fair price ?

Can't see any reduction, as riders costs will only have gone up if anything. I would personally be happy to pay last years proposed admission price...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Can't see any reduction, as riders costs will only have gone up if anything. I would personally be happy to pay last years proposed admission price...

Yes agree that rider costs would go up but not much as most riders would have new engines etc already in the workshop from 2019 and yes I would also be happy to pay 2019 admission prices, I don’t think I should but it won’t stop me going if we are lucky enough to get some speedway this year.

• Like 2

Just now, Clive Ward said:

Yes agree that rider costs would go up but not much as most riders would have new engines etc already in the workshop from 2019 and yes I would also be happy to pay 2019 admission prices, I don’t think I should but it won’t stop me going if we are lucky enough to get some speedway this year.

That's a good point Clive, i bet some of them can't wait to earn a few quid from their equipment investments...

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

I wouldn’t be surprised personally.

You are only a 'Poland pulling up the drawbridge' away....

Add in Brexit and the fact the EU could put quarantine regs on anyone who goes into their territory, or prevent travel to their territories from certain countries, then any rider riding over here, and over there, could very easily have problems...

And as a self employed person, with two similar jobs that pay so massively widely differing salaries, you can perfectly understand it if he chooses the one that pays considerably the most momey..

Edited by mikebv

11 hours ago, mikebv said:

You are only a 'Poland pulling up the drawbridge' away....

Add in Brexit and the fact the EU could put quarantine regs on anyone who goes into their territory, or prevent travel to their territories from certain countries, then any rider riding over here, and over there, could very easily have problems...

And as a self employed person, with two similar jobs that pay so massively widely differing salaries, you can perfectly understand it if he chooses the one that pays considerably the most momey..

If and it's a big IF, the UK is Covid safe and our travel restrictions for UK citizens is lifted to/from certain countries which includes Poland,then the EU will have no reason to make it harder for employment travel between the 2 countries. Plus the Jab will hopefully mean the world can reopen for business. or am I hoping for to much to soon. 

28 minutes ago, hyderd said:

If and it's a big IF, the UK is Covid safe and our travel restrictions for UK citizens is lifted to/from certain countries which includes Poland,then the EU will have no reason to make it harder for employment travel between the 2 countries. Plus the Jab will hopefully mean the world can reopen for business. or am I hoping for to much to soon. 

Looking at how badly the EU have handled the vaccine roll out you may be...

And there are still lots of unanswered questions re the vaccines complete effectiveness given the timeline it took to make them...

Lets hope for the best..

47 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Looking at how badly the EU have handled the vaccine roll out you may be...

And there are still lots of unanswered questions re the vaccines complete effectiveness given the timeline it took to make them...

Lets hope for the best..

The Vaccines are fine, the reason they were rolled out so quickly, compared to others is Red tape. A blank cheque was given and all red tape removed. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

Didn't Bickley become a Belle Vue asset a couple of years ago? With his record and progress for the Colts as well, wouldn't it make sense to make him the 'rising star'? 

Unfortunately Kyle seams to have lost his way a bit, other younger riders who have not been around as long seamed to have got better, maybe Kyle can prove me wrong !!

But don't think he should be a  4* rising star at elite level as I have seen on the list. That's if the list is correct ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neila said:

Unfortunately Kyle seams to have lost his way a bit, other younger riders who have not been around as long seamed to have got better, maybe Kyle can prove me wrong !!

But don't think he should be a  4* rising star at elite level as I have seen on the list. That's if the list is correct ?

Agreed. Kyle has been in a very fortunate position for a long time with regards to sponsorship and has effectively been raised to become only a speedway rider however i fear that right of passage has meant the desire doesn't burn quite a bright as others who have had to work harder to get where they are now. Kyle is one rider who can never blame equipment which is a blessing as it means the only improvement left to come is from himself.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sings4Speedway said:

Agreed. Kyle has been in a very fortunate position for a long time with regards to sponsorship and has effectively been raised to become only a speedway rider however i fear that right of passage has meant the desire doesn't burn quite a bright as others who have had to work harder to get where they are now. Kyle is one rider who can never blame equipment which is a blessing as it means the only improvement left to come is from himself.

Watched him in the Colts and when paired with Dan Bewley, he would, a fair few times lead him home, with Dan, whilst not exactly being dropped, but also not making any inroads. With Kyle often posting one of the fastest times of the meeting....

Similar too, when Dan led, (and also won in a fast time) Kyle would be matching his speed and often finish a safe distance away but still a close second..

It does appear from watching him that the first corner really does determine his race (to be fair like more than a good few over the years), but I am not totally sure when he hits that first bend with three others in very close proximity, all vying for the same small piece of track, that he is totally comfortable, and that on more than on a few occasions I have watched him, he comes out of the second turn in a non too advantageous position from a pretty useful start.. 

Definitely got some speed and talent though so lets hope he can develop onwards..

8 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Watched him in the Colts and when paired with Dan Bewley, he would, a fair few times lead him home, with Dan, whilst not exactly being dropped, but also not making any inroads. With Kyle often posting one of the fastest times of the meeting....

Similar too, when Dan led, (and also won in a fast time) Kyle would be matching his speed and often finish a safe distance away but still a close second..

It does appear from watching him that the first corner really does determine his race (to be fair like more than a good few over the years), but I am not totally sure when he hits that first bend with three others in very close proximity, all vying for the same small piece of track, that he is totally comfortable, and that on more than on a few occasions I have watched him, he comes out of the second turn in a non too advantageous position from a pretty useful start.. 

Definitely got some speed and talent though so lets hope he can develop onwards..

It seems to me that he is a bit reluctant to move off the inside line.  That's fine early on in the meeting but I'd like to see him using the outside more. There's quite a contrast between Kyle's approach and that of Leon Flint.

That said, I feel that Tom Brennan could be a really useful signing. He showed up well in one of the virtual meetings last year.