British Speedway Forum

Poole 2020

DC2

14 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Typical Gavan response trying to gloss over the dig at Poole.

Stop being a tad pathetic

Klindts career has soared since he joined Poole..its what happens sometimes

I think Kurtz will benefit from a move away from Poole

Some riders will benefit from a move to Poole

Hope that helps jesus

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Stop being a tad pathetic

Klindts career has soared since he joined Poole..its what happens sometimes

I think Kurtz will benefit from a move away from Poole

Some riders will benefit from a move to Poole

Hope that helps jesus

It could help Brady, hope so because he got a lot of flack from you and me last season as he was pretty awful, a little surprised Swindon didn't want him as he is pretty good at Blunsdon usually and as we know riders improve massively at Swindon! Blasphemy on a Sunday wow! 

Edited by foreverblue

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

I can remember a certain Tony Rickardsson and Mark Loram having some of there best times while in Poole colours, and going further back Malcolm Simmons had his best days as a pirate 

Don't remember Simmons myself not because i didn't go to speedway then, always loved Loram and Ricko, amazing riders. 

2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I backed it up - and because you didn’t like the answer, you say they don’t count.  Well they absolutely do - asked and answered QED :rolleyes:

I was actually talking to the other Steve as he was the one who made the original statement. Quite funny, he says it but can't think of any examples! Young riders improve wherever they are. If you can think of any mid-career ones, that would help. For example, Chris Holder could have been one as he was getting some form before all the Buster drama. 

2 hours ago, Arthur54 said:

I can remember a certain Tony Rickardsson and Mark Loram having some of there best times while in Poole colours, and going further back Malcolm Simmons had his best days as a pirate 

Marks best 2 seasons were 1999 and 2000 when riding for Poole..shame it ended the way it did....

Rickardsson had already won 3 world titles before joining Poole but did win 2 more in Poole colours......his dominance for me was 1998-2005 and i dont think it mattered where he rode

Some riders will just fit in at certain clubs.........my opinion is that Brady could blossom by moving away

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Marks best 2 seasons were 1999 and 2000 when riding for Poole..shame it ended the way it did....

Rickardsson had already won 3 world titles before joining Poole but did win 2 more in Poole colours......his dominance for me was 1998-2005 and i dont think it mattered where he rode

Some riders will just fit in at certain clubs.........my opinion is that Brady could blossom by moving away

Well he's at the best track in this country, and his team manager is a decent bloke, so if he can't do it there, he will never do it 

Agree with what’s been said. 

some riders do better away from certain clubs. Chris Holder should have never left Poole for example. (I know this was really a ford decision) 

Lindback was never that good at the other clubs he rode in the U.K.. Yet he was with Poole. 

KK was just odd. But that’s KK. 

Kurtz had so much pressure on him. Probably the most in demand signature in british speedway in last 5 years. Every club wanted him. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

I was actually talking to the other Steve as he was the one who made the original statement. Quite funny, he says it but can't think of any examples! Young riders improve wherever they are. If you can think of any mid-career ones, that would help. For example, Chris Holder could have been one as he was getting some form before all the Buster drama. 

Was he? Before that awful evening I can only remember him having one decent meeting for Lynn and that was at Poole, he was pretty dreadful up until his sacking. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

You were given 3 by Steve0 but you choose to ignore them. :rolleyes:

If you are going to keep changing the goalposts then it’s pointless getting into a debate about it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Was he? Before that awful evening I can only remember him having one decent meeting for Lynn and that was at Poole, he was pretty awful up until his sacking. 

Pretty awful was being a bit kind Bagpuss

19 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You were given 3 by Steve0 but you choose to ignore them. :rolleyes:

If you are going to keep changing the goalposts then it’s pointless getting into a debate about it.  

You said riders improve when they leave Poole, but you are only going along with 3 that someone else has said. Pretty poor statement from you that you can't think of any others. Considering the amount of riders Poole have gone through in the past 20 years, 3 riders is prob even barely 2%!! So most riders who leave Poole don't improve then..? 

Just now, lisa-colette said:

You said riders improve when they leave Poole, but you are only going along with 3 that someone else has said. Pretty poor statement from you that you can't think of any others. Considering the amount of riders Poole have gone through in the past 20 years, 3 riders is prob even barely 2%!! So most riders who leave Poole don't improve then..? 

What a pointless debate

Some riders improve for moving away from certain clubs as they become stale at that club and are stuck in a rut so to speak

Kurtz is a rider that could benefit from a change of club in my opinion

Klindt could actually go the other way as he was obviously happy with everything at Poole (hope not as he seems to be coming to us at Ipswich)

Its not aimed at Poole but some Poole fans cant quite grasp that........riders will have improved for moving away from Poole ....and some riders will improve for a move to Poole...

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

They were 3 riders that I thought of too however what is clear you would have used the same argument with me also.

As I’ve said the question was answered but you have chosen to move the goal posts as expected. 

It’s the typical response from a blinkered blue blooded fan. 

• Like 1