British Speedway Forum

Poole 2020

DC2

25 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

£40,000 the main sponsor failed to pay? The reason why we remained with r/r for so long and our replacement was low key on the cheap.  I really believe Matt saying the club was up for sale affected attendances. A lack of enthusiasm from the top filtered down to the fans. Well, if Ford can’t be bothered, why should the fans? A watered down league, not enough clubs for variation, the success of AFCB 5 miles up the road and it’s not difficult to see why crowds dipped.

The best solution could well be one big league. Variation of opposition would help ease the issue of lesser quality teams. 

I understand that a sponsor not paying is massive for any club. I just wanted to understand if enough promotion was being done? Swindon for example use insta, Twitter & the local paper for promotional work. Lee Kilby goes to local schools, fates etc to promote the club.  When we were on TV against Pboror it was 2 adults for £20....Posters are put around the town etc 

Edited by hyabb17

5 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I understand that a sponsor not paying is massive for any club. I just wanted to understand if enough promotion was being done? Swindon for example use insta, Twitter & the local paper for promotional work. Lee Kilby goes to local schools, fates etc to promote the club.  When we were on TV against Pboror it was 2 adults for £20....Posters are put around the town etc 

doesnt work with the blue rinsers and the town is also on its arse 

Edited by nelliejim
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, nelliejim said:

doesnt work with the blue rinsers and the town is also on its arse 

But they do use, insta and twitter. Massive sign on side of A338. On the side of United taxis (think they still do that). Didn't they have a sign on one of the roundabouts in Poole, not sure if they still do it now though.