British Speedway Forum

Poole 2020

DC2

9 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

We don't know how many responses the club received so how meaningful the result is. If 70% is a true reflection off those who will attend CL meetings and the poll in the Echo may confirm that to be so, then to what extent will a 30% drop in crowd numbers, maybe paying less to get in, eat into the hoped for 25% cut in running costs?

But how many of that 70% couldn't do Thurs? Anyway Sheffield prob want Thurs and Poole want Weds, swapping seems like a logical solution. And a team close-ish for BV!! 

The death knell for Swindon crowdwise was when they went from Saturday to Thursday, then spending years scratching around outside the top league. Shame to see a famous club like Poole dropping down, not good for League speedway. Those eagerly awaited Knobs v Moonrakers clashes no more. Another derby gone.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh I think having the club safe and financially secure is more important than watching Doyle 3/4 times a year. I think people underestimate how much the majority of Poole fans need Weds nights back. 

Edit - I'm gutted we won't get Josh next year, but I'm not gonna say 'stay up' cos of one rider! 

Exactly that.

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbh I think having the club safe and financially secure is more important than watching Doyle 3/4 times a year. I think people underestimate how much the majority of Poole fans need Weds nights back. 

Edit - I'm gutted we won't get Josh next year, but I'm not gonna say 'stay up' cos of one rider! 

Why are Weds so crucial rather than Thurs?

Is Thurs bingo night?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

Poole want the one thing Buster can't give. Weds nights. They did more than just poll results. You had to put into writing what you wanted. The echo poll came at a similar time to when it was announced we would be applying to drop down. 

I still think it's just Ford trying to get something to go his way.. More to this than meets the eye.. I will hold my hands up if i'm wrong and Poole do drop down ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Do Poole fans really want to drop down, my mate in Holton Heath isn't happy!

Neither are many I have spoken to either. The question in the echo was loaded. And a third of Poole fans said no to that as well.  A good percentage of fans will be lost if we ended up with someone like Harris or Worrall as a number one. 

9 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Why are Weds so crucial rather than Thurs?

Is Thurs bingo night?

It isn’t crucial at all. A few people might be affected on any particular evening. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, It makes no difference. Midweek is midweek. Poole used to ride on Tuesdays in the NL. Had a good crowd on a Tuesday. Would we get a bigger crowd on a Sunday afternoon? Possibly but then some would say something else is a priority.

I really believe Matt Ford announcing the club is up for sale affected crowd levels.