British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2020

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Situated in a built up area quite close to the town centre with both commercial and residential buildings, think the favourite has to be land for housing development, 

The Perkins are 2 of the most cleverest buissness Men you’ll ever meet, there as tight as a ducks ass . They don’t give a penny to anybody If they can help it and always make out they have no money . There not stupid they won’t be paying there trainers a penny now and don’t be surprised come next year they’ll be having a change of heart.The last thing they care about is the dogs , trainers, and owners 

46 minutes ago, hans fan said:

The Perkins are 2 of the most cleverest buissness Men you’ll ever meet, there as tight as a ducks ass . They don’t give a penny to anybody If they can help it and always make out they have no money . There not stupid they won’t be paying there trainers a penny now and don’t be surprised come next year they’ll be having a change of heart.The last thing they care about is the dogs , trainers, and owners 

Would be some very long stand off then if Chapman was to try to negotiate moving the Panthers there,  not that he would mind you . 

Greyhound trainers have had a rise of about 50p per race over the last 10 years. It's had a lot of 4 dog races recently, as the trainers are going elsewhere. The stadium was making loads of money through entrance fees, drink, food & the tote, with better crowds than speedway. Scoobydo is on the money with building land in my opinion.

2 hours ago, proud panther said:

Greyhound trainers have had a rise of about 50p per race over the last 10 years. It's had a lot of 4 dog races recently, as the trainers are going elsewhere. The stadium was making loads of money through entrance fees, drink, food & the tote, with better crowds than speedway. Scoobydo is on the money with building land in my opinion.

Already tried planning refused don’t Be surprised if 1 of the big books buy it

3 minutes ago, hans fan said:

Already tried planning refused don’t Be surprised if 1 of the big books buy it

You could be right, but it's a strange business strategy to run a business down, when you are trying to sell it. A lot of planning applications have been turned down, but accepted at a later date.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

question is, why is it up for sale

1, been told season is over

2, been dropped before a wheel is turned

3, told Peterborough to stick it and just going to do Sweden and poland

either way not the most sensible thing to post 

Just to share with you the latest on season ticket issue and to reiterate I will not starve without it but the sheer arrogance gets my hackles rising:

After being ignored by the promoter I E mailed Norfolk Arena several times and in desperation threatened action in small claims court.  Got a reply on 19th  June from a Barbara at Norfolk Arena denying all knowledge of previous E mails other than last which had been located in junk folder. Most apologetic  and promised all would be looked into and she would speak to promotion and BSPA  . You would never believe it but since then I have heards sod all. I really would have let the whole issue ride if it would have helped the club( not Chapman) but the arrogant contempt in which they treat fans makes me sick. How do they think they will get fans to engage with this attitude is beyond me.  I really think the most likely outcome if Panthers run again( I have my doubts about that) is that they will try to ban me for causing trouble.