British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2020

3 hours ago, Mimmo said:

You obviously didn't go last season then..LOL!!:nono:

No,  but in the days when Peterborough rode matches there they were easier to stomach and had a bit more bite than many Panthers performances thats for sure only thing the same they both were normally battered :t:

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know more pressing matters at moment, but sent off £480 in January for season tickets. Had an acknowledgement but cheque not cashed till I believe March. I have doubts that we will see any Speedway this season , in fact the longer this goes on I fear we will not see Panthers again. Asked for money back and told request sent to accounts department,  nothing heard since.  If it helps Panthers I am willing to let things be , but I am not willing to help management who treat disabled fans in such a shameful and callous way.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, wealdstone said:

I know more pressing matters at moment, but sent off £480 in January for season tickets. Had an acknowledgement but cheque not cashed till I believe March. I have doubts that we will see any Speedway this season , in fact the longer this goes on I fear we will not see Panthers again. Asked for money back and told request sent to accounts department,  nothing heard since.  If it helps Panthers I am willing to let things be , but I am not willing to help management who treat disabled fans in such a shameful and callous way.

That reminds me - I just revisited "PLEASE NOTE: Disabled Parking (Inside the Showground) - CLICK HERE to read the notice" - I haven't looked at it for a month or more and had forgotten what a bad decision it is. I had to chuckle at "park as near as possible to the entrance gates in use at the time" because I'd forgotten how far that is from the required destination point. Someone really needs to do an online disability awareness course during lockdown. Hopefully they are not enjoying the restrictions currently in place when they can't do what they want and that should help them to empathise with their disabled customers?

As you say, more pressing matters at the moment in that we all want individuals and the sport come out of the other side of this health and economy destroying pandemic. With physical distancing seemingly likely to be in place for some considerable time then I can't see anything sporting involving a crowd starting up any time in the near future anyway.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

If its spent then the only thing that will come out of Peterborough will be if you want a cash refund we will be forced to fold. 

Very much afraid you are right. I know Carl Johnson has sent  my request for a refund to the big boss, but as expected  in typical Speedway fashion have heard sod all. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, wealdstone said:

Very much afraid you are right. I know Carl Johnson has sent  my request for a refund to the big boss, but as expected  in typical Speedway fashion have heard sod all. 

You will most likely get a free season pass voucher to the stock cars or Kings Lynn speedway with a free burger and car parking space close to the entrance window thrown in,  unless of course you have a BB lol :t:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

So thats Doyle, Batchelor and Iversen off to Poland,  be better to knock UK premiership speedway on the head now as theres bound to be several more riders missing , promotions wont want to lower admission charges whilst the standard of the league is getting more and more watered down

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

So thats Doyle, Batchelor and Iversen off to Poland,  be better to knock UK premiership speedway on the head now as theres bound to be several more riders missing , promotions wont want to lower admission charges whilst the standard of the league is getting more and more watered down

The UK will be in the same situation as Sweden who must be in an even worse situation as they have lots of Poles usually filling their team spots. 

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Falcon1983 said:

Not sure if it's been discussed but could speedway for Peterborough be moved from the show ground to the greyhound stadium? Has this ever been explored? Seen today they have cancelled greyhound racing and are looking at other opportunities 

I don't think Speedway for Peterborough would exist if that happens. Could you imagine the fans dismay going from the Showground to a tiny track inside the greyhound track which is already quite small at 370 meters. Would be about the same as Oxford or Rye House. 

Peterborough fans just wouldn't watch it

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I don't think Speedway for Peterborough would exist if that happens. Could you imagine the fans dismay going from the Showground to a tiny track inside the greyhound track which is already quite small at 370 meters. Would be about the same as Oxford or Rye House. 

Peterborough fans just wouldn't watch it

Thought they had finished greyhounds all together and were exploring other avenues.370 metres would be a good size track.

3 hours ago, Falcon1983 said:

Not sure if it's been discussed but could speedway for Peterborough be moved from the show ground to the greyhound stadium? Has this ever been explored? Seen today they have cancelled greyhound racing and are looking at other opportunities 

Yes it was explored around 1969 at least a year before speedway started at the showground by then Leicester promoter Ron Wilson I don't what conclusions came out of  it but as far as I know he was the first to explore the possibility of speedway in Peterborough