British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2020

9 hours ago, Steve0 said:

Reminds me of the Rye House team a few years ago - and that didn’t end too well.  On paper looks good with room for improvement but these riders have lower averages for a reason.  Having said that I thought The Ipswich team were gash at the start of last year and we all know how that ended :wink:

With defeat..

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 6:39 AM, Arch Stanton said:

Nicholls 41

Andersen 39

Ostergarrd 38

Iversen 37

Harris 37

Some experience that! That has to be a concern for me. People saying some of these are on bargain averages, but at this stage of their careers they’re going to be very inconsistent. Not sure about this team TBH. Wouldn’t be surprised if it made the play offs or had a stinker of a season. I’m on the fence. 

A team that more accurately reflects the age of its fanbase.

As an octagenerian, it is good to see Peterborough giving two young, under-30 riders the chance to prove themselves and gain experience. I hope they both progress and draw benefit from being in this team and go on to be cornerstones of the team for many years.

48 minutes ago, Sotonian said:

A team that more accurately reflects the age of its fanbase.

And the thinking of it's managemet team with disability issues and customer service.

Just over a week until the first meeting isnt this the time to find out that one rider wont ride without coloured sponsors logo's on his kevlars or that a rider announced hasnt actually signed a contract yet or that Peterborough's team contains to many over 30's riders thats not in the rules. 

• Haha 1

All this BS about how old this team is... really!?..this is not football..it's speedway..and some guy even suggesting they are so old they will be scared to pass..what planet are you on! mate?..riders like Bomber, Osterguard in fact all of the Panthers team will never be scared to pass and when they are they will retire. The reason I'm happy with this team is we have gone for all out racers not gate n go tarts..I like this team.. roll on season 2020.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Panthers99 said:

Ironic really, that the season we have created major issues for our BB holders, we create probably the oldest team on record.

The irony will most certainly be lost on management.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, Blupanther said:

I bet it's not Motability Operations Ltd ...

Would be a good sponsor now that we know the team. Remember the days of looking across to the pits and marvelling at that parked up fleet of Readypower vehicles? Imagine those now being Motability vans. Of course you'd only be able to imagine it because they'd have to be parked outside.

And that's not a dig at the team which is fine in today's world. It's not 2006 so as long as you don't turn up expecting that then you'll be fine. However, Panthers Legend and Panthers Icon are both currently running Panthers Supremo close on the most irritating label table.

Edited by Crump99
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Lukas said:

All this BS about how old this team is... really!?..this is not football..it's speedway..and some guy even suggesting they are so old they will be scared to pass..what planet are you on! mate?..riders like Bomber, Osterguard in fact all of the Panthers team will never be scared to pass and when they are they will retire. The reason I'm happy with this team is we have gone for all out racers not gate n go tarts..I like this team.. roll on season 2020.

Rohan Tungate a racer ????