British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

If that's the case can you explain why Scunthorpe's home fixture with Glasgow was raced on a Sunday not a Friday?

Due to a mistake in the original fixture list. At which point, Scunthorpe decided to stick with it, because it allowed the British Youth Championship Round to be spread over both that and the following week's Edinburgh meeting.

Scunthorpe surrendered Friday nights so both Glasgow and Redcar could stick to their normal race-night (co-operation between managements), but the Glasgow one was rained off and ended up on a Sunday.

1 minute ago, lucifer sam said:

Due to a mistake in the original fixture list. At which point, Scunthorpe decided to stick with it, because it allowed the British Youth Championship Round to be spread over both that and the following week's Edinburgh meeting.

Scunthorpe surrendered Friday nights so both Glasgow and Redcar could stick to their normal race-night (co-operation between managements), but the Glasgow one was rained off and ended up on a Sunday.

Tbh I think you're wrong. I believe Scunthorpe used to have priority but moved to a Sunday race night and then back to Friday thus giving up the seniority they previously had over us.

I may be wrong but that's how I remember it and fixture list bears me out. 

Just now, Jaizer said:

Tbh I think you're wrong. I believe Scunthorpe used to have priority but moved to a Sunday race night and then back to Friday thus giving up the seniority they previously had over us.

I may be wrong but that's how I remember it and fixture list bearss me out. 

Scunthorpe moved back to Fridays first, Glasgow moved to Saturdays and then Fridays if you recall.

I know that Scunthorpe have second priority.  

There is such a thing as co-operation between promotions, and Scunthorpe agreed to let both Glasgow and Redcar ride Scunthorpe at home on a Friday this year.  You will note that Redcar's home meeting with Scorpions was also in the fixture list as a Friday all along, despite Scorpions having priority. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

Scunthorpe moved back to Fridays first, Glasgow moved to Saturdays and then Fridays if you recall.

I know that Scunthorpe have second priority.  

There is such a thing as co-operation between promotions, and Scunthorpe agreed to let both Glasgow and Redcar ride Scunthorpe at home on a Friday this year.  You will note that Redcar's home meeting with Scorpions was also in the fixture list as a Friday all along, despite Scorpions having priority. 

We shall see if or when the situation arises :t:

But looking at updated site 2018, 2019, 2021 Scunthorpe's home meetings with Glasgow have all been on Sundays. 

Edited by Jaizer

18 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

We shall see if or when the situation arises :t:

But looking at updated site 2018, 2019, 2021 Scunthorpe's home meetings with Glasgow have all been on Sundays. 

That was because it was after Cardiff GP and  convenient for Glasgow supporters to take in a match en route northwards .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

2017 Sheffield topped table, home leg Vs Glasgow at Sheffield 1st. Year met Edinburgh in play offs they were above us in table away leg Friday as Edinburgh seniority home leg on our alternative race day.

If that's 2016 you're referring to, Glasgow staged the first leg at Ashfield on the Friday night. The second leg took place 24 hours later at sunny Armadale :)

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Fromafar said:

What’s the problem with  Tero,he can ride anywhere else and there are lesser riders than him riding in GB no problem.

He can not get past the Border Control/Mafia who know nothing about the sport of Speedway.

Leicester it is, I assume Dan Thompson is on 8 day ban for non speedway related illness. If we have the home leg on Friday that means R/R, zaine kennedy(11+1 last time) will take 3 of his rides and Howarth the other. If we arrange home leg on sunday Dan will probably be back (scored 0 last time). 

2 hours ago, eric i said:

Leicester it is, I assume Dan Thompson is on 8 day ban for non speedway related illness. If we have the home leg on Friday that means R/R, zaine kennedy(11+1 last time) will take 3 of his rides and Howarth the other. If we arrange home leg on sunday Dan will probably be back (scored 0 last time). 

Dan Thompson is quality so you  can bet your bottom dollar that Godfrey will make sure you are correct