British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

44 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

But you want him to pay above the odds to get a rider who said he wasn’t interested in coming over ?

That would be a fine example for the Chairmen to set when he’s telling everybody else to cut costs.

How did you manage to turn this into anti Rob Godfrey? Somebody farts you would blame Godfrey.

1 minute ago, eric i said:

How did you manage to turn this into anti Rob Godfrey? Somebody farts you would blame Godfrey.

Maybe that speaks volumes about Rob... the supposed head of our sport in Great Britain

46 minutes ago, Ryan555 said:

Well it’s a tricky situation we are in with next to no riders that fit the average it’s okay for everyone else with full 7s ready to go but the reality of the situation is the season is now only 5 weeks away and it’s a very realistic prospect it will start then and we haven’t got a no1!

Maybe Rob knows something that most people don't? ;)

50 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

He looked good as well, using Sam masters spare bike I believe, I know he is taking his PT work seriously now but he is a real talent on a bike and would fit nicely in someone’s team 

It appears that Ellis may have the Speedway bug back and at present it looks like he may be heading up to Scotland to replace an overseas based rider in an enforced change due to Covid travel restrictions. 

This is unless Scunthorpe or Redcar can better the deal that has been offered which i understand is heavily backed by a sponsor to provide equipment, mechanic and a better deal than what was offered at Leicester 

30 minutes ago, flagrag said:

It appears that Ellis may have the Speedway bug back and at present it looks like he may be heading up to Scotland to replace an overseas based rider in an enforced change due to Covid travel restrictions. 

This is unless Scunthorpe or Redcar can better the deal that has been offered which i understand is heavily backed by a sponsor to provide equipment, mechanic and a better deal than what was offered at Leicester 

Rides Armadale well also would strengthen them. ;)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, eric i said:

Jake would not have to wait too long to get a premiership place, surely they can pay him a bit extra until he gets his double up spot.

I would tend to agree with this scenario as probable issues with Klindt & possibly others flying in & out of the country on higher than normal air fares plus the covid restrictions could mean places become available in the Premiership.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

6 man teams, every team has to drop their number 1

You joke, but this has been proven to be the single biggest mistake made at the AGM this time around. There is still very big question marks around certain riders being able to travel in and out of the country, especially with Poland calling the shots. We are a month away from the start of the season and there are quite a few teams scrambling round to try and get a team of 7 riders together... and rumours of other teams joining them with the likes of Klindt, Bewley, Kurtz, Holder etc possibly being stuck abroad - especially given riders like Vissing and others have been ruled out in recent weeks.

Let’s not forget that Swindon pulled out of the season too in the Premiership which has made some riders available who otherwise wouldn’t of been. Some people called for it at the time and in hindsight it certainly seems the way to have gone. 6 man teams with 1 ‘rising star’ Brit. This could of been reviewed again at the end of the season then once the travel arrangements would likely be resolved for next season in 2022.

• Like 4