British Speedway Forum

Scunthorpe Scorpions 2020

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

Not going to get into the argument re Sunny v BV and Sheffield BUT Torun looks longer then BV, and for BV to be actually longer straights mmmm

BV has been built into pre existing constraints, it could not be any bigger even if they wanted. I thought Mort went to a few tracks renowned for good racing including Torun, the shape, widths, banking angles, etc. But are you sure BV is bibber then Torun?

Figures taken from FIM supplementary regs for both tracks.

26 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Not going to get into the argument re Sunny v BV and Sheffield BUT Torun looks longer then BV, and for BV to be actually longer straights mmmm

BV has been built into pre existing constraints, it could not be any bigger even if they wanted. I thought Mort went to a few tracks renowned for good racing including Torun, the shape, widths, banking angles, etc. But are you sure BV is bibber then Torun?

Toruń is about 320m BV is about 350m.

I read in SS that Morton and Gordon went all over Europe gettin info on different tracks and had the old Hyde Rd plans to design the best track possible. And they did that BV is world class. EWR ain’t.  Glasgow is a far better Championship track than Scunny.

Edited by Speedtiger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Speedtiger said:

I’m not knocking the club I’m merely pointing out how ridiculous Godfrey comments are about EWR being the best racetrack in UK...when by comparison to BV its a dump. It confirms what a prat he is. Just saying.

it seems to me there is only one prat here and it sure isn't rob.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, pitstop84 said:

The bell vue track is the same as torun  it's the same dimensions that's why it rides as good as torun, just ask the riders who have raced on both. In fairness been to both my venue comment was more based on the stadium than the track . Which are both brilliant 

Edited by phillwhitewasmad

1 hour ago, Speedtiger said:

Toruń is about 320m BV is about 350m.

I read in SS that Morton and Gordon went all over Europe gettin info on different tracks and had the old Hyde Rd plans to design the best track possible. And they did that BV is world class. EWR ain’t.  Glasgow is a far better Championship track than Scunny.

You were doing well till the Glasgow bit...

better stadium , YES, better race track? NO.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ringitsneck said:

You were doing well till the Glasgow bit...

better stadium , YES, better race track? NO.

Ok but my point is I think Ashfield is still far better than EWR...which probably says more about how poor EWR is than how good Glasgow is!

The riders always love the track because its smooth, cambered, and usually prepared well. But that doesn't guarantee good racing. 

Obviously with the rain stopping racing usually, having lots of covering is not essential. But being a soft southerner I feel the place would certainly benefit from some extra shelter from the wind. I find it like Buxton, you can get sun burnt and hypothermia in the same afternoon.... :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 10:46 AM, IronScorpion said:

I wonder if they will show the earlier in the season shield match. B)

I asked about the possibility of getting the DVD, but (to no surprise with Redcar being embarrassed to lose to Scunny) 'it wasn't filmed'

• Haha 1

We're back on Wednesday with speedway action from 2019 ...
‪BIRMINGHAM'S 2019 Perry Barr thriller with Scunthorpe will be broadcast this Wednesday night (May 13, 7.30).‬
The two sides met in the second city last September - just three weeks after the Brummies battled to earn a draw in North Lincolnshire.
And another close contest was anticipated this time around with the visitors including three ex-Birmingham riders in their line-up.
In association with ReRun Productions, the link to view the meeting will be posted on the club's Website, Twitter and Facebook pages on Wednesday at 7.30 prompt - so make sure to refresh your feeds at that time and see how this one panned out!

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 5:08 PM, Speedway fan said:

We're back on Wednesday with speedway action from 2019 ...
‪BIRMINGHAM'S 2019 Perry Barr thriller with Scunthorpe will be broadcast this Wednesday night (May 13, 7.30).‬
The two sides met in the second city last September - just three weeks after the Brummies battled to earn a draw in North Lincolnshire.
And another close contest was anticipated this time around with the visitors including three ex-Birmingham riders in their line-up.
In association with ReRun Productions, the link to view the meeting will be posted on the club's Website, Twitter and Facebook pages on Wednesday at 7.30 prompt - so make sure to refresh your feeds at that time and see how this one panned out!

It seems incredible to have two totally-different Brummies home matches on stream tonight at the same time.......?