British Speedway Forum

Plymouth speedway

Mike0310

17 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Validate your argument please,how is this a poor side solid heat leaders one very solid second string so far and 2 reserves who should improve and  with 3.13 left someone who could interchange with the reserves if needed I totally do not get your argument in my opinion you have just put out a sweeping statement to get a reaction from people like me.

In my personal opinion and it is all it is based upon. Bowtell & Stoneman are on inflated averages and both will drop over the year, i see no improvement in Butcher, Bursill or Davies so the side very much depends upon Atkins regaining his confidence as his average is 5 for a reason and Andrews who will hammer huge scores in the cup comps when his average is protected and hold his number in league fixtures. 

There are obviously a few surprises to come but  fear when the other teams are built/released Plymouth won't look any better on paper or track as they were this season.

9 hours ago, Islander15 said:

It’s a strong top 4 with particularly improvement potential in Atkins who could easily add 2-3 points on his average. But it looks a poor bottom 3. The third signing is likely to be Bursill and none of those 3 have really pushed on at all despite having opportunities. 

It’s hard to judge when there isn’t other teams to compare against but the top 4 should win them most meetings at home and get the odd points away. It looks like a team that’ll be around 4th and get a play-off spot but they’re lacking something at the bottom end to really make them a title contender. 

I think they will be nearly unbeatable at home with that team tbh. Especially if the reserves get dialled in during pre season practice.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CountyGround said:

I think the team Plymouth have for 2020 will prove capable @ home & away. Every team has to be built within the limit so all teams should start pretty even. I would love to see better facilities & larger crowds in the forthcoming season.

Went to Plymouth last season for the first time and I was impressed with the facilities, especially for such a small track... Was a nice little cosy home imo, food facilities were good as well, felt like I was walking into an Ekstraliga stadium when I was walking into the entrance to the stands on the 1/2 bend :D Haha

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, BobC said:

Fair play to Plymouth for this positive article. Well worth a read.

https://plymouth-speedway.com/gladiators-get-green-light/

A lot of thought has gone into this :t:, which means that the BSPA will almost certainly kick it into the long grass :(

• Like 2
  • Haha 1