British Speedway Forum

Playoff Semi Final 1st Leg • Wolverhampton v Swindon (9•10)

Wednesday clashes with Poole v Kings Lynn. A far more important fixture. Seriously what was likely to be a pretty dire crowd will now be down to probably the worst ever crowd in Poole’s history. Better to change to Thursday now. For the Poole meeting

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Wednesday clashes with Poole v Kings Lynn. A far more important fixture. Seriously what was likely to be a pretty dire crowd will now be down to probably the worst ever crowd in Poole’s history. Better to change to Thursday now. For the Poole meeting

2nd leg is live on TV on the Thursday. It's a no win situation for the Poole management.

Just going through Wolves on train..passed Monmore no point in getting off then!

Edited by auntie doris

14 hours ago, Gemini said:

I'm sure he had at least one good season with Coventry and that included the time he put them first rather than attend the reception in Poland? Admittedly though he seemed to lack commitment sometimes and was probably not a rider you would want in the team the following year.

I’m sure he had good seasons for Cov, Aces, Poole and Lakeside. Didn’t stop them sacking him tho!

6 hours ago, Phil The Ace said:

Can wolves not ride tomorrow???

No, off night is Wednesday.

We havnt ran the first leg yet. Oh dam this weather. I know, lets call it all off and just make Poole champions we finished top. There thats a plan...:party:

On 10/7/2019 at 7:55 PM, Starman2006 said:

We havnt ran the first leg yet. Oh dam this weather. I know, lets call it all off and just make Poole champions we finished top. There thats a plan...:party:

I think you might find that Poole got knocked out by Ipswich and I don;t think in any sport they give the title to a losing semi finalist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

But in some sports they do give it to teams that finish top of the table. You know like the small following sport called football ;) :D

Some have been asking for years to have a League Winners Cup in addition to the Cup for the winners of the playoffs.

The bspa, ie the promoters, come up with the rules etc so it is down to them.   

Edited by A ORLOV