British Speedway Forum

Redcar v Leicester Semi final

10 hours ago, johnyson66 said:

Try being a bit more positive,  try being a glass half full instead of a glass half empty person 

1 hour ago, foamfence said:

An admirable attitude but you shouldn't let wishful thinking cloud your judgement.

Wishful thinking ? I think it's the fact I've followed speedway for many years and actually know what I'm talking about , gives me a good basis to form an unbiased a reasonable opinion,  Leicester supporters will be very worried about the second leg as they are well aware of the fact we have riders in our side who go well round their track , add to that home track advantage won't be so big for them considering the bad weather we've had lately meaning the track will be riding differently to how they've been used to , add to that they beat us by 8 points in the league after 12 heats when our guest got injured and we were using r/r for Bacon , we are a lot stronger now , so no wishful thinking my opinion is based on a lot ofor speedway knowledge and it will be tight but points in the bag puts all the pressure on Leicester 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, sidewinder said:

That was not, a typical Redcar meeting. The track was very heavy, (due to the weather) and consequently the outside line was not effective. The racing wasn't great to be honest, but it was about getting it on. I think it affected some of the Redcar riders, (when they missed the gate), but credit to Douglas and Mountain, who were excellent for Leicester. The tie is still alive (just), Leicester had a couple of lucky breaks, last night, maybe Redcar might get some in the away leg.

Redcar had lucky breaks also. Elli Perks retirements!

1 hour ago, johnyson66 said:

Wishful thinking ? I think it's the fact I've followed speedway for many years and actually know what I'm talking about , gives me a good basis to form an unbiased a reasonable opinion,  Leicester supporters will be very worried about the second leg as they are well aware of the fact we have riders in our side who go well round their track , add to that home track advantage won't be so big for them considering the bad weather we've had lately meaning the track will be riding differently to how they've been used to , add to that they beat us by 8 points in the league after 12 heats when our guest got injured and we were using r/r for Bacon , we are a lot stronger now , so no wishful thinking my opinion is based on a lot ofor speedway knowledge and it will be tight but points in the bag puts all the pressure on Leicester 

Really? Well I started as a spectator in the 50s and eventually did a bit as a mechanic and sponsor, now at my (quite) old age I don't get to many meetings and all my local tracks are long gone. So we all have a little experience, anyway you strike me as an assuming and know it all type so I won't be bothering you again.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Really? Well I started as a spectator in the 50s and eventually did a bit as a mechanic and sponsor, now at my (quite) old age I don't get to many meetings and all my local tracks are long gone. So we all have a little experience, anyway you strike me as an assuming and know it all type so I won't be bothering you again.

I do apologise, obviously the fact you are older and been a mechanic means your opinion supercedes my opinion , that's what this forum is about debates and opinions and the fact your older doesn't mean my opinions aren't valid , I actually explained what I based my opinion on , I didn't just dismiss your opinion but let's be honest it's very easy of someone  to dismiss an opinion especially when you can't put up a valid reason to disagree , like you said you don't get to many meetings so obviously can't base your dismissal on the Bears chances of getting through to the final on many if any of the meetings you attended , so your right don't bother replying to any of my posts and yes  I know a fair bit about Speedway so can make a valid point on the Bears , thank you 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, SharpenRake said:

I hope Redcar get through simply because Leicester have used a horses for courses approach to finishing top using guests for Richie Worrall. Injuries are part and parcel of the sport but there should be some sort of time limit to find a replacement or you revert to r/r. 

I think you are right about Worrall. I was thinking about starting a new thread on the lines of "did Worrall getting injured help the Lions top the league?".

• Like 2

Agree. There should be a limit to how long  guests can be used for an injured rider. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe someone who is into stats can produce the combined CMA by Leicester's Worrall guests so far this season. I wouldn't even like to make a guess whether the figure would be above or below 8.25. But I'd also wonder if Worrall's CMA would have stayed at or around 8.25. - more likely it would have gone down from that as the season went on?

8 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Maybe someone who is into stats can produce the combined CMA by Leicester's Worrall guests so far this season. I wouldn't even like to make a guess whether the figure would be above or below 8.25. But I'd also wonder if Worrall's CMA would have stayed at or around 8.25. - more likely it would have gone down from that as the season went on?

sure someone would know the stats, dunno why you would think it would go down, as it rose from his starting average.

On Friday, October 04, 2019 at 9:03 AM, jduffill said:

Morning all,

I’m happy to report that the track is absolutely fine after last night. We had no rain on Wednesday which left the track dry yesterday. The track was packed hard yesterday afternoon so it would take the rain forecast overnight.

We have some rain forecast this afternoon, but this evening should be dry and we don’t anticipate any problems with our meeting going ahead.

Racing conditions should be excellent and will make for a superb Semi-Final. We have opened up the back straight for additional viewing facilities and we have a 2nd paramedic booked, so the meeting should run smoothly.

Hope to see plenty of you there this evening!

Jitendra Duffill

Any news on the guest for Palm Toft yet or are you still working on it , can you give us any clues as to who is available for the 3 meetings this weekend 

9 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Don't know but he got injured in June, so that's half the season he's been out and Leicester have been able to use a guest for all that time. 

am pretty sure they could use a guest until their last match of the season, even if he had been injured in their first match of the season, depending on his position within the team averagewise.

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

am pretty sure they could use a guest until their last match of the season, even if he had been injured in their first match of the season, depending on his position within the team averagewise.

That’s correct, there’s no time limit on a facility for an injured rider.