British Speedway Forum

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Certainly gone full circle. You can’t win meetings without scoring reserves and tonight proved it!

I said as soon as Howarth was missing that Wolves were far stronger and so it proved. They surely want him to stay injured because as a team they will score far more points. Paid 9 from his rides. 

Of course the reason Wolves won is because they outscored Pooles reserves by 1 point (gifted in heat 2) to paid 21. A massive gap the Poole top five couldn’t cover. In fact no team could cover that. Becker was excellent as he was last visit. Both he and Douglas had Wells and THJ for breakfast. Whilst the latter can be slightly excused as it was his first meeting, Wells has gone from bad to worse. In fact he never looked close to a point. THJ did have one go in heat 14 which he led for a lap before coming under pressure and then falling.

Best bet is to now get rid of Wells for what is left of the season. While we can’t replace him, we can use horse for course guests which is surely likely to do better.

Really though there was only one team in it and from the start Wolves were faster out of the starts. On a slick track we couldn’t make an impression. A bit of pirate pride kicked in to close the gap but were were always found wanting whenever we had a reserve in a heat. 

In heat 15 we needed a 5-1 to draw but Brady completely missed it and Klindt made two errors to allow the Wolves riders through. The correct result to be honest. Well done to Wolves. A A Formidable force.

I thought he had to be injured to do that ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Becker has been untouchable. Really likes the Poole track. Have to get him here for next season. ;)

Have said the same to my dad watching him at Ipswich - superb around Foxhall and getter better every visit! Would love to see him ride for the witches!

wolves have got a gem there, hope he has the right people guiding him could reach the top imo

• Like 1

Not if wants to be released. Can’t force him to ride. He is absolutely not the type of rider we have in Pirates colours. If a rider scores nothing but is giving it a go, then fair enough. But to be tailed off going down the back straight of lap one is not acceptable.

I am sure he is a nice guy but it is doing him no good at all.

15 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not if wants to be released. Can’t force him to ride. He is absolutely not the type of rider we have in Pirates colours. If a rider scores nothing but is giving it a go, then fair enough. But to be tailed off going down the back straight of lap one is not acceptable.

That old chestnut. Can't see him withdrawing his services, and no chance to earn, but it happens. It isn't doing him much good, I agree.. And Poole even less good ;)

You need 2 new reserves for the play offs.

Edited by Bald Bloke

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So withholding his services & therefore would get a 28 ban. Wouldn’t this mean he couldn’t race for Edinburgh?! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Seeing as you brought it up, you obv do want me to comment on it, so I still hate it and it is still ridiculous! 

No prob with Swindon using one tonight seeing as they are the away team, but can't believe they need to use one at Ippo, shocking! :P

No change there then, slag Robins off for using t/s but then Poole do the same thing against the same team, Robins win their meeting, Poole lose their's but then go on about Ippo meeting. I think you will find they are a different prospect with Iversen in their l/up. Broke the track record with his 1st ride.

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Looking over the heats I think he got 10 rather than 11. Unless I have added it up wrong! Poole twitter said 11+3.

I scored Morris as 11+3.  (0;3;2+1;1;1+1;1+1;3)

Well done to the Wolves - much better on the night and all over by heat 8 to be honest. Stronger reserves and stronger with r/r,  but no complaints from me.

THJ looked to have finally got his set-up right in heat 14 - shot out of the gate then promptly fell off whilst battling a 5+1 with Josh G. So hopefully could be worth a few points next time around.  Track was much slicker (and dustier) than recent weeks, but take nothing away from Wolves - they wanted it more. (or was it just a bit of average reduction before the play-offs?);)

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Well done to the Wolves - much better on the night and all over by heat 8 to be honest. Stronger reserves and stronger with r/r,  but no complaints from me.

THJ looked to have finally got his set-up right in heat 14 - shot out of the gate then promptly fell off whilst battling a 5+1 with Josh G. So hopefully could be worth a few points next time around.  Track was much slicker (and dustier) than recent weeks, but take nothing away from Wolves - they wanted it more. (or was it just a bit of average reduction before the play-offs?);)

You were doing ok, up until the last bit :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, robins les said:

No change there then, slag Robins off for using t/s but then Poole do the same thing against the same team, Robins win their meeting, Poole lose their's but then go on about Ippo meeting. I think you will find they are a different prospect with Iversen in their l/up. Broke the track record with his 1st ride.

Poole won when Iversen was there last week. I still don't like the rule whoever uses it. Swindon fans are sensitive bunch! 

3 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I must have missed out a race somewhere then! 

31 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I must have missed out a race somewhere then! 

Morris by my calculations got 10+3

0,3,2'-rr,0,1'-irr,1',3

Well done to wolves the better team tonight,its obvious where pooles problems r ,and the pressure is on thj to start scoring as wells looks shot 2 pieces!! 

• Like 1