British Speedway Forum

Poole v Wolverhampton. Prem. 5th September 2019.

3 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Do recall a certain poster on here mentioning the weakness in Swindon reserves early season.....cough THJ/Wells.....

Thrashed by a 5 man team.........:rofl: Nice max by THJ.

Edited by noggin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, foreverblue said:

My prediction Poole 48 Wolves 42

Oops. B)

1 hour ago, Rob B said:

THJ was always a big gamble that was likely to fail

As expected poor as usual.

46 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Schlein withdrawn. 

5 man team taking all 4 points. What a performance.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Tac sub now being played I see. Interesting how it comes around every so often for a home team. 

Did you celebrate the 5-1?! Admit it, you did!

I thought it was harsh on Wolves! ;) But made the end of the meeting more interesting I guess (I still hate it! :D)

• Like 1

Fancy that, another team trousering the full 4 points at the Arena. Did anyone mention that you shouldn’t use a TS at home? 

Surely the idea is to get stronger as the season goes on, not weaker...those reserves are truly awful. Looking at the team I would have thought that Beaker and Big Bird would have been a better shout. 

Now who’s laughing. :drink:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Do recall a certain poster on here mentioning the weakness in Swindon reserves early season.....cough THJ/Wells.....

Certainly gone full circle. You can’t win meetings without scoring reserves and tonight proved it!

I said as soon as Howarth was missing that Wolves were far stronger and so it proved. They surely want him to stay injured because as a team they will score far more points. Paid 9 from his rides. 

Of course the reason Wolves won is because they outscored Pooles reserves by 1 point (gifted in heat 2) to paid 21. A massive gap the Poole top five couldn’t cover. In fact no team could cover that. Becker was excellent as he was last visit. Both he and Douglas had Wells and THJ for breakfast. Whilst the latter can be slightly excused as it was his first meeting, Wells has gone from bad to worse. In fact he never looked close to a point. THJ did have one go in heat 14 which he led for a lap before coming under pressure and then falling.

Best bet is to now get rid of Wells for what is left of the season. While we can’t replace him, we can use horse for course guests which is surely likely to do better.

Really though there was only one team in it and from the start Wolves were faster out of the starts. On a slick track we couldn’t make an impression. A bit of pirate pride kicked in to close the gap but were were always found wanting whenever we had a reserve in a heat. 

In heat 15 we needed a 5-1 to draw but Brady completely missed it and Klindt made two errors to allow the Wolves riders through. The correct result to be honest. Well done to Wolves. A A Formidable force.