British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Swindon 5/9/19

8 hours ago, Steve0 said:

I wouldn’t be unhappy if Ipswich win this - as I think Swindon could beat Poole, Ipswich and BV over 2 legs in the play-offs.  Wolves - I’m not so sure about.

Wolves will get in now no matter what. They will win at Poole tonight so if we get 4 points later then that will give us a good chance of top spot and avoiding them until the final. 

I am going for a narrow home win. 

NKI has had his home sighting meeting and I am hopeful (I know Baldy will say without foundation) that we get a track with some outside grip which will help those in the Witches line up who are often tardy out of the gate.

if it’s a slick gater’s paradise then I fear for us.

That's correct James,,,, the most important person involved in this meeting could well be the trackman.  Let's hope for once its done in our favour, forget pretty speedway, this is a must win and the track must be doctored in our favour,,,,, let's get inside batch head and screw with it.    You know it makes sense Bob. 

Unfortunately I don't think anyone involved with Ipswich actually thinks like that, so a gating contest is on the cards 

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

I said that if we didn't win last week I wouldn't go tonight and waste my money. 

Although in hindsight I would like to change my mind I'm now on granddaughter sitting duties so I can't. 

I do however echo the track sentiments big time as very seldom do we get a decent one that suits our boys. It seems that come crucial meetings somebody says let's make it a gaters paradise! 

Anyway I do hope we win tonight so I at least get to see 1 more playoff meeting although I seriously doubt it with our home form of late. 

4 minutes ago, ray c said:

Ipswich could just nick this that would mean wolves need to get something at poole tonight 

I thought they just needed the 4 league points and they will prob get all of them at Pboro anyway. Although I expect them to get the losers point at least at Poole tonight.