British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Swindon 5/9/19

This becomes the cliche 'must win' for the Witches 

I'm sure no one gives us a hope but stranger things have happened.....

7 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

This becomes the cliche 'must win' for the Witches 

I'm sure no one gives us a hope but stranger things have happened.....

Mainly on Stranger Things..;) :P Lawson and King have to be like Brady and Nic tonight (points wise) if you have any hope of beating Swindon!

Swindon could do with a spot of average management and also keeping Wolves out of the play-offs.

Just saying.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Swindon could do with a spot of average management and also keeping Wolves out of the play-offs.

Just saying.

This is the risk with Poole at +15. I'd say the likelihood of you finishing top is slim and you are in the play offs anyway, so a view to next year will always be beneficial. 

I agree that wolves will pose you more problems than BV or Ipswich so it does, as wrong as it is, make sense to *maybe* throw this meeting.

For BV last nights result was more pivotal because I dont see Ipswich getting anything at poole, essentially meaning a 4 point win will book them the final play off place.

Wolves destiny could very much be in the hand of Swindon.

Only in speedway, eh?

;-)

Edit: not even sure of you are a Swindon fan so advanced apologies for speaking in the first term.

Edited by acef

17 minutes ago, acef said:

This is the risk with Poole at +15. I'd say the likelihood of you finishing top is slim and you are in the play offs anyway, so a view to next year will always be beneficial. 

I agree that wolves will pose you more problems than BV or Ipswich so it does, as wrong as it is, make sense to *maybe* throw this meeting.

For BV last nights result was more pivotal because I dont see Ipswich getting anything at poole, essentially meaning a 4 point win will book them the final play off place.

Wolves destiny could very much be in the hand of Swindon.

Only in speedway, eh?

;-)

Edit: not even sure of you are a Swindon fan so advanced apologies for speaking in the first term.

I can't see Swindon throwing it , they will want to finish top so get the choice of who they face in the playoffs. don't see it will make much difference on the averages , if they were worried about averages they wouldn't have thrashes Ipswich and Peterborough by such a big score.

I think Wolves will qualify and I hope Poole finish top so we get the choice and force Swindon to meet Wolves, the only imponderable is will the last spot go to Belle Vue or Ipswich.

• Like 2

Can easily see the Witches losing by double figures. More gating lessons next week. 

On a more positive slant, if it rains on the day or the track prep is made heavy, that gives the witches more of a chance. Having said that, our only hope is rain affected track,  as the track is never peeped for the style of riders the Witches have in their team,,,,,, haven't got a clue why. 

18 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Think it was completely tongue in cheek as you are supporting the in form team on Thur as we can do you a favour.

Probably, but the minimum for all teams at the start of the year is to make the play offs and win the title. 

As Wolves are riding Thursday I’ll be very much 90% a Wolves fan ;)