British Speedway Forum

Championship Pairs

Berwick gunna be struggling, obviously would of been Summers and NBJ but they both got injured and out for the season, THJ (NBJ’s replacement) ended up in hospital on Saturday night at the Longtrack World Team Cup Final, not sure of injuries but seen his arm in a sling and Jye, his partner on paper crashed at Glasgow whilst leading and withdrew injured. A real shame. Next 2 are Doolan and Gappmaier but I don’t think Gappmaier will do it, you never know Jye and THJ might be ok to race.

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Berwick gunna be struggling, obviously would of been Summers and NBJ but they both got injured and out for the season, THJ (NBJ’s replacement) ended up in hospital on Saturday night at the Longtrack World Team Cup Final, not sure of injuries but seen his arm in a sling and Jye, his partner on paper crashed at Glasgow whilst leading and withdrew injured. A real shame. Next 2 are Doolan and Gappmaier but I don’t think Gappmaier will do it, you never know Jye and THJ might be ok to race.

No reason to think Kevin Doolan wont be there, after that for the reason in your post its a bit of a lottery. Might end up with Kevin and Leon.

48 minutes ago, screm said:

No reason to think Kevin Doolan wont be there, after that for the reason in your post its a bit of a lottery. Might end up with Kevin and Leon.

Yeah Kev would do it obviously! Although Jye is lower than Kev average wise so makes you think if Kev has a prior engagement but anyways, THJ is riding for Poole tonight and I think Jye might be ok so we might get them two. Jye loves Somerset!

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Yeah Kev would do it obviously! Although Jye is lower than Kev average wise so makes you think if Kev has a prior engagement but anyways, THJ is riding for Poole tonight and I think Jye might be ok so we might get them two. Jye loves Somerset!

Jyes riding pal

Riss and Wright would of been a very good pairing but with Wright at Cardiff and MPT injured it will be Stewart who I don’t think will have enough, might make it to semi’s.

My top 4 are Glasgow, Somerset, Edinburgh, Leicester in that order with Redcar being spoilers. I do worry about the Glasgow two because I feel like Cookie is never up for these sorts of meetings and Rasmus can be the same, if they are up for it though they are my winners.

23 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

Riss and Wright would of been a very good pairing but with Wright at Cardiff and MPT injured it will be Stewart who I don’t think will have enough, might make it to semi’s.

My top 4 are Glasgow, Somerset, Edinburgh, Leicester in that order with Redcar being spoilers. I do worry about the Glasgow two because I feel like Cookie is never up for these sorts of meetings and Rasmus can be the same, if they are up for it though they are my winners.

If  Cookie and Rasmus  turn up with their Riders Championship attitude they won't do much. Dark horses for me will be Jake Allen & Ben Barker.

• Like 2

IMO Cook & Jensen are the red hot favourites based on their current form, with Somerset likely to be their main rivals.

The other semi-finalists if Howarth is now fit enough to ride with King, I reckon will be Sheffield,  together with Leicester

23 hours ago, tyretrax said:

Well I hope Cookie pees all over your parade. :t::cheers:

North one outside of Glasgow cares less about Craig Cook , decent rider who could have achieved a lot more than he has had he learnt from his many mistakes , terrible attitude who nearly all riders in the British leagues dislike,  which is obvious when they race against him as hardly anyone acknowledges him when the race is over 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1