British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but you don't want to play the strongest team in the semi leave the tough one to the final, so you try to finish top, pick the weakest team and let the other two fight it out and you never know the strongest might get knocked out. 

Strongest for a reason though! ;) I don't ever remember the strongest getting knocked out before? And if they do, surely the team who knocked them out is stronger anyway cos they beat them!!? 

On 8/28/2019 at 12:11 PM, theblueboy said:

Did you really say that Sarjeant could beat Wells? That is some leap of faith.

He’s got to get past the tapes first. 

It is not getting past the tapes that is a problem for Sarjeant. It is going under them rather than over them that is his problem.

Edited by Chris116
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes but you don't want to play the strongest team in the semi leave the tough one to the final, so you try to finish top, pick the weakest team and let the other two fight it out and you never know the strongest might get knocked out. 

Finishing top particularly this year is key because one of Ippo or Aces look vulnerable. The other semi should indeed be one tough encounter.

57 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So Brady, Nico, THJ and Ricky to take the r/r rides.  Not sure r/r should be at 4 but hey, whatever?!

I'd expect that when the riding order was set that Josh was planned to being riding. The facility has to then take that position

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

So Brady, Nico, THJ and Ricky to take the r/r rides.  Not sure r/r should be at 4 but hey, whatever?!

Not sure it matters much which position r/r is, we will miss him tonight I would be happy with a point and hope Josh is back soon, we don't need injuries going in to the play offs.

Edited by foreverblue

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Looking forward to tonight, not because I think we will win because I don't but always a pleasure watching NKI , I expect him to score well. Not expecting much from THJ but more than willing for him  to surprise me , when on form he can be inspirational.

Maybe NKI will have Saturday's GP more on his mind?!  GP-itis some call it!;):rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe NKI will have Saturday's GP more on his mind?!  GP-itis some call it!;):rofl:

Used to be Greg Hancockitis!! back in the day, didn't like rocking up to Foxhall on a Thursday night before GP's

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Did ok for us in a crisis!

That didn't include Thursday's at Foxhall remember

Now let's see, 

i) he missed his flight from Sweden (GP was in Sweden)

ii) he was suffering concussion ( strangely was still able to ride in GP on Saturday wherever it was)

• Like 1