British Speedway Forum

Ipswich vs Poole 29/08/19

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

The decent Poole fans on here like foreverblue and rayc accept what Brady did was wrong....dont condone it....and move on

We then get the usual same ones trying to defend the indefensible

As ive said many many times......it didnt affect the result....not one Ipswich fan is saying it did..........

Starman called it sour grapes.........but we know he lacks intelligence

I expected Lisa and Shovlar to say it was ok because they never see anything bad 

Thought Skidder would have been different but oh well

I haven't said it was ok,. I haven't said it either did or didn't affect the result. I was simply putting an alternative view having spoken to his dad before they set off to the airport. No body knows what potential damage a rider suffers when hitting the deck for any reason - whether caused by an opposing rider or by his own actions - its very common for a rider to be winded or to feel a little dizzy or shaken up or whatever. Most riders initial reaction if they feel able is to try to get up and get off the track asap as I'm sure it was in Brady's case. After his recent  absences due to concussion its not unreasonable to think he was being extra cautious if he felt the slightest bit disorientated?!  He clearly wasn't feeling 100% only finishing 3rd in heat 15 after being on a max from his earlier rides.

Just an alternative opinion.......which at least is on the relevant thread!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Haha 3

....Ok let's spell it out for some of you...

It was a crucial part of the meeting..only a race win or two between the teams.

For once Poole were out gated, Ippo were away and gone, Poole both at the back, Brady went down on his own, he was gonna get up, he looked back at his mate at the back, so stayed back down to get the race stopped.

Pretty much as soon as it was stopped he got straight back up

There was only four points between the teams so it could have changed the outcome of the meeting, which in this particular case could mean Ippo missing the play offs

The Ipswich fans are normally pretty respectful and they always clap when a rider gets up without injury, but they mostly booed because everyone in the stadium saw it.

It was a "professional foul"...end of  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, thecoombdog said:

Mate I know you are up the management and riders arses because they know who you are but F me that is a ridiculous post. Not even Shov would say that and mean it. Let's just hope it happens against you in the play offs and then we will see what the reaction is then.

'Mate'?! You clearly know all there is to know about ridiculous posts so you must be delighted to chalk up another one!!

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, AntiqueSteve said:

....Ok let's spell it out for some of you...

It was a crucial part of the meeting..only a race win or two between the teams.

For once Poole were out gated, Ippo were away and gone, Poole both at the back, Brady went down on his own, he was gonna get up, he looked back at his mate at the back, so stayed back down to get the race stopped.

Pretty much as soon as it was stopped he got straight back up

There was only four points between the teams so it could have changed the outcome of the meeting, which in this particular case could mean Ippo missing the play offs

The Ipswich fans are normally pretty respectful and they always clap when a rider gets up without injury, but they mostly booed because everyone in the stadium saw it.

It was a "professional foul"...end of  

Thats your opinion and thats fine. I expressed an alternative one based on a conversation yesterday and thats fine too.

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Why don't you go and tell Brady what he was thinking, I'm sure he'd love to know! And stop forcing your aggressive opinion on people. 

Aggressive?? :rofl:

He was there and saw it - Skidder wasnt!

Edited by Steve0
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

He has already said he wasn’t there.

Well I've read through the posts, and nowhere does he say he wasn't there:unsure: in fact twice he's said he was there.

Anyway not sure why I'm defending gavan, he doesn't need me to get his back, but I do dislike the trolling to wind him up.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AntiqueSteve said:

We were all there and we saw it

Good for you, what do you want a medal or a box of bonio's.:icon_smile_clown: s

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Good for you, what do you want a medal or a box of bonio's.:icon_smile_clown: s

No not for me - I would prefer a healthy dose of karma .....:)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, hagonshocker said:

Lisa in 'exaggerating how people react' shocker ....who'd had thought it 

Forcing your opinion on someone is aggressive. People are allowed different opinions. 

Edit- I'm sure if Brady is reading this he is laughing his head off :D

Edited by lisa-colette

That's why he was grinning walking past the home straight stand while he was being booed. He knows what he done and that was blatant cheating. If he was winded he wouldn't look to see where his team mate was before falling back down, he wouldn't have moved in the first place.