British Speedway Forum

Swindon v Peterborough Premiership Thursday August 29th

13 hours ago, Debbs said:

Just got it and thou the track was Poor as normal it was great 2 sea the panthers give the many traveling fans something to cheer . Swindon fans were booing Hands and Scott and that was out order .Glad I don't have to watch crap racing like that every week.

Ahahahahahahaha...The track has more than one line unlike Boro's cabbage patch field. If you went (which I doubt) Swindon were far superior in every way. Nicholls only finished one race - pulled up in the others when cut adrift at the back.

Heat 6 was miles better than most heats that have been on BT this season. 

1 hour ago, A ORLOV said:

More there than I thought there would be, with two meetings in one week and with weak opposition.  I would guess over 1000.  

I would say closer to 1300/1400. Both cars parks were full by 7.15. I wasn't expecting as many tbh. The crowds for the past 3 meeting IMO have been good. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

Ahahahahahahaha...The track has more than one line unlike Boro's cabbage patch field. If you went (which I doubt) Swindon were far superior in every way. Nicholls only finished one race - pulled up in the others when cut adrift at the back.

It reckons it was there but seemingly under at least two other guises 

30 minutes ago, Baldyman said:

Think you will find it said it was there under 3 alias, and that's the ones we know of 

Probably at Ipswich as well, what a fruitcake.:)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poole keith said:

terry russell is probably more able than most promoters to cope with lots of points money payments,certainly pleased pirates havent racked up those high scores,extra payments like that might have moved the poole promotion into early decisions!!

I'm not sure on this, but don't the home promotion pay both sides? In which case, it will make no difference.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I'm not sure on this, but don't the home promotion pay both sides? In which case, it will make no difference.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that each team pays their riders from the home fixture. 

3 hours ago, hyabb17 said:

Hands and Scott were Average dropping any fool could c that .heat 6 was 4 riders out of control on a poor track .We will beat u in the return on a decent track mark my words .

5 hours ago, poole keith said:

terry russell is probably more able than most promoters to cope with lots of points money payments,certainly pleased pirates havent racked up those high scores,extra payments like that might have moved the poole promotion into early decisions!!

Only referencing Terry Russell's own comments from a couple of weeks ago and pleased that the crowd numbers seem to have responded. He is looking to step away due to ill-health and wants to ensure the club is in a reasonably healthy position when he leaves it to Rosco and Kilby.