British Speedway Forum

Belle Vue v Wolverhampton 19/8/2019

Wolverhampton were on a roll until their last meeting. Their hopes of reaching the play-offs are over or are they ?. Max was in pain last night but carried on. What a Warrior. I reckon a 6 point win for the Aces.

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I thought Morris was also involved in the same Berwick crash??

He was but he was up pretty straight away and walked back to the pits, both Berwick riders needed treatment after which Jye Etheridge was able to walk back to the pits. Sadly for Jacobsen he was taken from the track by ambulance with what seems to be a dislocated shoulder.

1 hour ago, coldace said:

Would Auty's average fit to replace NBJ?

No.

Looks like our best bet is Etheridge, if he is fit and available. Hopefully, Max will be ok to ride. If not, we could be in trouble with only Ipswich not racing. King could be an adequate replacement but he has had good and bad meetings at the NSS whereas a fit Fricke is virtually guaranteed to be unbeaten against Wolverhampton.

Edited by Aces51

7 minutes ago, CottonOn said:

Jye Etheridge in for Jakobsen.  They already confirmed that earlier.

But with only Ipswich not riding, it's poor pickings for Fricke.  Choice of Bomber, King or Lawson.   Unless you go with R/R

Chris Harris is guesting for Robert Lambert at Kings Lynn

I'm making my first ever visit to Belle Vue -- I'm so pleased as the racing looks exciting as well as the track. Can anyone recommend a decent eating place near the stadium please (plain pub food type of thing)? Thanks in advance.

53 minutes ago, fliss44 said:

I'm making my first ever visit to Belle Vue -- I'm so pleased as the racing looks exciting as well as the track. Can anyone recommend a decent eating place near the stadium please (plain pub food type of thing)? Thanks in advance.

Not really any decent food pubs near the track, best can think of is The Windmill, couple of miles away but just off the motorway on the road in to track.

https://www.stonehouserestaurants.co.uk/nationalsearch/northwest/thewindmilldenton

4 hours ago, fliss44 said:

I thought the food just up the road was ok.When we were there last year for the play-offs we looked pretty much everywhere close,but was only fast-food.So we decided to go in i think it was a hotel on the corner just at the turn onto Kirkmanshulme lane(spelling).The food was ok don't think it was that expensive neither.A kind Belle Vue fan will be able to tell you the name of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I thought the food just up the road was ok.When we were there last year for the play-offs we looked pretty much everywhere close,but was only fast-food.So we decided to go in i think it was a hotel on the corner just at the turn onto Kirkmanshulme lane(spelling).The food was ok don't think it was that expensive neither.A kind Belle Vue fan will be able to tell you the name of it.

Diamond Lodge

• Like 1