British Speedway Forum

Tiger Royal Rumble 18/08

13 minutes ago, The Third Man said:

Web site doesn't know if he is fit

Glasgow have Palm Toft, so if he rides like he can at Sheffield they should be stronger without the banned Vissing, only in Speddway

To be fair to Claus,  he did ok there in the cup tie earlier in the season , so it's pretty much like for like 

2 hours ago, Moranboys said:

paulco.good luck to you and your tigers but am hoping for a sheffield tigers win.

No worries , enjoying my stadium carvery just now 

Howarth has his racesuit on so I guess he is good to go.

Lovely drive up, took less than 90 minutes to get to Brammall Lane, then, Ugh!

The two Tiger mascots are having a play brawl. Hope the Glasgow one wins as the Sheffield one decided to scratch his crotch right in front of me earlier.

Edited by Col

Impressed with this. Decent Wi-Fi & Chelsea v Leicester on big screens outside. The Glasgow mascot could give Chase the Ace a run for his money in the comedy stakes.

7 hours ago, Charlieboy said:

Is Howarth fit ? If not it will be a big struggle for Sheffield. Expecting close meeting but without howarth I think Glasgow could win easy

Well, someone said he had his kevlars on & now he has had 3 wins from 3 rides so must have eaten something nice. ;) :nono: :rolleyes:

Sedgmen seems to have turned a corner, wouldn't have swapped him for Clubcard points previously. The only disappointment is the 0131 got 41 points here last week. Two more away meetings left with a rather busy September coming up.

19 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I really expected a it more from Bickley this season.

i think he has done okay . having a wee blip due to the sand castles hot holding together well . but could come good when he settles down again . are you expecting too much from him ?

4 minutes ago, jenga said:

i think he has done okay . having a wee blip due to the sand castles hot holding together well . but could come good when he settles down again . are you expecting too much from him ?

Maybe, but he had a full season last year,and  has had a few years on bikes.He just doesn’t look fast to me.Maybe I’m a bit harsh but just my opinion.

• Like 1

I agree about Bickley, some riders are slower burners so he shouldn’t be written off but you wouldn’t expect him in his second season to be getting nought anywhere. You just get the feeling he should be doing a bit better than he is. 

• Like 1

i think you have to give riders a chance . he is still young .

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

Maybe, but he had a full season last year,and  has had a few years on bikes.He just doesn’t look fast to me.Maybe I’m a bit harsh but just my opinion.

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

I agree about Bickley, some riders are slower burners so he shouldn’t be written off but you wouldn’t expect him in his second season to be getting nought anywhere. You just get the feeling he should be doing a bit better than he is. 

he is still building castles , if you know what i mean .

Bit underwhelming today, but if the commute is that painless might do it a little more next season. Thought Glasgow were poor, Sheffield hit them hard early & they seemed to have no answer.

Was disappointed in both Bickley & Kemp if they're the future of British Speedway, savour Woffinden while you can. When Kemp missed the gate in heat 8 having heard about his track craft I thought this could be good. The Glasgow reserve & #2 had done nothing upto that point but he just went backwards. The Glasgow reserve & #2 did nothing else.

Todd Kurtz impressed, didn't think he was that good. Sedgeman rode really well in heat 12 to keep Palm Toft at bay but protect McDonald who was good, less can be said about his primary chain supplier.

Not sure what happened to Jensen in heat 13, didn't think anyone was near him. Don't know what happened in the rerun either. King definitely dropped the clutch before Cook yet emerged from the second bend behind.

Howarth impressed in heat 4 great ride to pass Jensen.

Glasgow won't win anything on this showing.

1 hour ago, Col said:

Bit underwhelming today, but if the commute is that painless might do it a little more next season. Thought Glasgow were poor, Sheffield hit them hard early & they seemed to have no answer.

Was disappointed in both Bickley & Kemp if they're the future of British Speedway, savour Woffinden while you can. When Kemp missed the gate in heat 8 having heard about his track craft I thought this could be good. The Glasgow reserve & #2 had done nothing upto that point but he just went backwards. The Glasgow reserve & #2 did nothing else.

Todd Kurtz impressed, didn't think he was that good. Sedgeman rode really well in heat 12 to keep Palm Toft at bay but protect McDonald who was good, less can be said about his primary chain supplier.

Not sure what happened to Jensen in heat 13, didn't think anyone was near him. Don't know what happened in the rerun either. King definitely dropped the clutch before Cook yet emerged from the second bend behind.

Howarth impressed in heat 4 great ride to pass Jensen.

Glasgow won't win anything on this showing.

dont tell gazc that  LOL

• Haha 1