British Speedway Forum

CLRC - 1st September

On 9/2/2019 at 9:02 AM, geoff100 said:

On bspa site it says he wasnt well with an illness guess we will never know , but if its personel who are we to judge .

Quite possible, but I've been to other meetings where he's been ill and my perception is that he does suffer a lot with illness compared to other riders.  The Wright drop out was obviously mandatory following concussion and Nicholls also has a mandatory ban for a non-speedway related injury.  Really disappointing for the fans when these things happen as we all have conspiracy theories which may or may not be true but it's always the fans that are the losers. 

2 hours ago, iainb said:

I saw this meme on Twitter, thought it quite nicely sums up British Speedway

EDZ_6I9XsAE7d8T.jpg

The budget didn't stretch, either, to meeting-specific race jackets (though I see the British Final managed some). The mostly bodged 1-18 numbers attached to the rear of the individual team kevlars on display at Owlerton were laughable. They screamed 'small time'.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Piotr Pyszny said:

The budget didn't stretch, either, to meeting-specific race jackets (though I see the British Final managed some). The mostly bodged 1-18 numbers attached to the rear of the individual team kevlars on display at Owlerton were laughable. They screamed 'small time'.

It never does.  I seriously can't remember the PLRC having proper race jackets - ever.

Where was the entertainment also on sunday.just a few rider interviews that you either can,t hear or can,t be bothered to listen also the Tigers mascot firing Sheffield related merchandise at visiting supporters.really poor and yes that podium is dog and owner related.apart from the trophy what was the prize for winning the meeting?

3 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Why not have a festival of speedway at the NSS  next season over August BH weekend

NLRC Friday 

CLRC Saturday

PLRC Sunday

Have a care. You can't expect Ellis Perks to ride in 3 major championships on consecutive days :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Why not have a festival of speedway at the NSS  next season over August BH weekend

NLRC Friday 

CLRC Saturday

PLRC Sunday

And have half the riders pulling out because they are in Poland.....

20 minutes ago, StevePark said:

And have half the riders pulling out because they are in Poland.....

The way the sport is promoted in this country  i doubt if there will be many riders of the calibre of the Polish league riding here soon

Probably in their eyes more cost effective to be owed £2-3K per meeting by your Polish club than £500-£750 by your British one