British Speedway Forum

GP Challenge Final (Gorican) - 24/08/19

20 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Probably his only strong chance of getting a GP slot for next year.   I think he has been outclassed this year (as GP season reserves) by Fricke.  There again, is anyone outside of the GP's setting the tracks on fire to warrant a pick   8 qualifiers + 3 from Challenge + Tai + Gregg....... that leaves 2 spots, Fricke for one.   All depends who qualifies from Challenge, if a rider qualifies from Challenge then finishes in top 8 gives another spot available.  So maybe chance for Lambert, but not a cert IMO. Another year wait for Lambert I think would do him good.

If a rider qualifies from the challenge and finishes in the top 8 in the GP standings then 4th in the challenge gets in- not another wildcard.

Edited by racers and royals

48 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Probably his only strong chance of getting a GP slot for next year.   I think he has been outclassed this year (as GP season reserves) by Fricke.  There again, is anyone outside of the GP's setting the tracks on fire to warrant a pick   8 qualifiers + 3 from Challenge + Tai + Gregg....... that leaves 2 spots, Fricke for one.   All depends who qualifies from Challenge, if a rider qualifies from Challenge then finishes in top 8 gives another spot available.  So maybe chance for Lambert, but not a cert IMO. Another year wait for Lambert I think would do him good.

WHAT about Doyle if he stays outside the top eight?

2 hours ago, PHILIPRISING said:

WHAT about Doyle if he stays outside the top eight?

You've probably got to give Doyle at least one wildcard based on his recent past but I have a suspicion he might be beginning to chart the same path as Holder and won't be a GP rider in 2-3 years from now.

I think Doyle is a great rider and definitely deserved the world title he won (and probably the one he didn't), but given his turnaround from PL rider with no application to World Champ, I wonder just how difficult it is to maintain that level of dedication/application once you've achieved what you set out to do? He's also a rider who's had terrible luck with injuries which must surely catch up eventually.

29 minutes ago, JCookie said:

You've probably got to give Doyle at least one wildcard based on his recent past but I have a suspicion he might be beginning to chart the same path as Holder and won't be a GP rider in 2-3 years from now.

I think Doyle is a great rider and definitely deserved the world title he won (and probably the one he didn't), but given his turnaround from PL rider with no application to World Champ, I wonder just how difficult it is to maintain that level of dedication/application once you've achieved what you set out to do? He's also a rider who's had terrible luck with injuries which must surely catch up eventually.

SOME suggest he rides too much ... might cut out a league. 

42 minutes ago, PHILIPRISING said:

SOME suggest he rides too much ... might cut out a league. 

He rides far too much. All that racing and travelling he must be goosed

I think he still has a SGP title in him. He was top of the averages I think in Sweden last year but dropped off a bit in Poland. Most likely a new team in Poland next year might get the spark back.

As a slight aside I can see more riders riding Poland, SGPs and SEC 

46 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Substitute rider list- if anyone pull out of the 1 to 16

19 Lahti

20  C Holder

21 lebedevs

22 Wozniak

23 Przedpelski

24 Covatti

25 Hampel

26 Kulakov

U sure about Lahti? I spoke with someone who should know and we agree that after the qualis Tipu was 4th in the row. Now you say he’s 1st...

EDIT: it was on the FIM website.

Edited by f-s-p