British Speedway Forum

Thursday 08/08/19. Premiership . Swindon. V Wolverhampton.

What a brilliant skip Doyley is, always rely on him. Hes up there with the Robins greats such as Briggo, Adams, Crumpie, Ashby, Kilby, Broady, etc.,

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

What a brilliant skip Doyley is, always rely on him. Hes up there with the Robins greats such as Briggo, Adams, Crumpie, Ashby, Kilby, Broady, etc.,

Not for me. He loses too many races to be compared to Leigh Adams.

24 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

I will go with that. One of my all-time best riders too. Good lad as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, auntie doris said:

A good score tonight but he has been poor generally, should be scoring like that every match in this standard of league and should have a high 9 point average.

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

Harris wouldn't have got near Crump at Poole last playoffs!

Wolves handed it to Swindon by being dumb enough to get a 4-2 in Heat 11.

Allowing Doyle to replace Vissing in the next turned the match. Take a 3-3, keep a 4pt lead and put a lot more pressure on Musielak.

Normally I'm not in favor of such a thing and advocate getting pts on the board, but in this case, it was just too obvious.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

Wolves handed it to Swindon by being dumb enough to get a 4-2 in Heat 11.

Allowing Doyle to replace Vissing in the next turned the match. Take a 3-3, keep a 4pt lead and put a lot more pressure on Musielak.

First question in regards to naive Wolves tactics. What is the likelihood that if Howarth had replaced Becker in heat 8, Wolves would have got a 5-1?

Had to miss last night due to lack of childcare cover! Knew it would be a close one if im not there. What was the crowd like?

Doyley has had a few low scores this season by his high standards but when he has been needed this season he has generally done the biz. Won a fair few heat 15s when we need to win the meeting or take a point. That will do me nicely for a number 1 and it's a massive difference from last season and that cost us.

3 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Had to miss last night due to lack of childcare cover! Knew it would be a close one if im not there. What was the crowd like?

Doyley has had a few low scores this season by his high standards but when he has been needed this season he has generally done the biz. Won a fair few heat 15s when we need to win the meeting or take a point. That will do me nicely for a number 1 and it's a massive difference from last season and that cost us.

Dog i recon between 11/1200???  but saying that i was 400 out on the Belle Vue meeting.!!!The positive's to come out of last night was Doyley is always there when the pressure is on and in heats 13/15 we are always generally very strong.Also Wolves reserves outscored ours by 14. - 3 and it still did not cost us i think Ellis Perks did have bike issues last night.

8 hours ago, DC2 said:

Not for me. He loses too many races to be compared to Leigh Adams.

Leigh was also superb, a better team rider, but never led Robins to title, or was world champ.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rob B said:

A good score tonight but he has been poor generally, should be scoring like that every match in this standard of league and should have a high 9 point average.

Top of the averages poor!!!

5 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Leigh was also superb, a better team rider, but never led Robins to title, or was world champ.

Doris i have to put Doyley above Leigh, world champion in 2017 and he worked his socks off to get there.Leigh was a SUPERB team rider a joy to watch me personally would put Crump senior a tad higher but the Robins have been blessed with greats over the years.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Doris i have to put Doyley above Leigh, world champion in 2017 and he worked his socks off to get there.Leigh was a SUPERB team rider a joy to watch me personally would put Crump senior a tad higher but the Robins have been blessed with greats over the years.

Briggo was the best. We also were lucky to see Darce at number1 for a short time as well.

Just now, Sidney the robin said:

Yes Darcy was a real treat, a pleasure to watch a real talent Briggo is the best in my eyes.

I don't think any other Robins rider has come second in BBC sports personality of the year!