British Speedway Forum

Thursday 08/08/19. Premiership . Swindon. V Wolverhampton.

Great comeback by the Robins but shouldn’t need a tactical ride at home really.

Adam excluded again for rolling & surely time to get Stefan back as Claus hasn’t done the job very well.

Ellis was due a bad one but beasted at reserve.

Great call by Rosco in Heat 15 though.

Edited by Crazy robin
  • Like 1

Just now, Crazy robin said:

Always thought he’d end up at Swindon as well but maybe next year.

Me too, had many an after meet spin at swindon, but we end up with C.Missing.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, chun said:

Unlikely Swindon will go the distance with such paltry returns from the reserve berths.  

There unlikely to come up against Douglas and Howarth every week ..With the top five they have they have a chance v anyone over 2 legs .. as I said before thou people moan and moan about the double points rule  but the tac sub has always given more false results out as tonight showed again . 

As for Ellis is getting a bit ok joke  now  .he has more rolls than a bakery 

Edited by orion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gutted for Wolves in what seemed like a meeting they knew they had to win. Disappointed to have led from the off and then lose out in the final heat. 

A consolation losing point was a bare minimum but it should have been more. Swindon stay favourites for the top 4 still.

11 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Need to get DW to put in a good word then ;) Though it's a very clever tactic going to Wolves. 

Who's DW?

2 minutes ago, hagonshocker said:

Perhaps not a great idea for Thorsell to celebrate that 3-3 in heat 13.....:blink:

Was thinking that myself, egg on face:drink:

• Haha 1

An exciting end to a decent meeting and you have to feel for Wolves they deserved to win tonight.Credit to the Budgies they hung in there and just about got over the line.Musielak after an opening ride fall was impressive and Doyley got going in the end the reserves were bombed tonight. Douglas/Howarth are really strong though and Douglas was a rider i would of liked riding for us tonight we got out of jail big time (i.e.) The Referee was awful.)

33 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Great comeback by the Robins but shouldn’t need a tactical ride at home really.

Adam excluded again for rolling & surely time to get Stefan back as Claus hasn’t done the job very well.

Ellis was due a bad one but beasted at reserve.

Great call by Rosco in Heat 15 though.

I wouldn't get Stefan back i would stick with Vissing or maybe go for Josh Pickering.