British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

1 minute ago, SharpenRake said:

And everyone else walks away scot free (see what I did there). How about announcer being fined. Jon Cook losing his licence, the track staff member ejected from the stadium given a life ban.

I suspect you're no stranger to wind-ups.

2 minutes ago, mmmmethanol said:

Rubbish.

I was there. I know what I saw.  Glasgow (possibly one rider?) complain about the track, ride off whilst the home team & their mascots (young children) are still being announced & their No.1 still wearing his helmet headbutts a member of the track staff. There have been occasions when the track has been dodgy. Tonight it most certainly wasn't. 

And according to you its entirely Eastbourne's doing? 

Even the Glasgow owner apologised at the end of the meeting.

Where have I said it was all Eastbourne's doing. I said that the Glasgow promotion will have learned a lot and that there way of promoting and organising a speedway meeting will not necessarily be the approach adopted by others. And that this includes the need to ensure that in future riders are not intimidated or got at by the actions and behaviour of opposition promoters, staff and fans.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

And everyone else walks away scot free (see what I did there). How about announcer being fined. Jon Cook losing his licence, the track staff member ejected from the stadium given a life ban.

Who did Jon Cook head butt? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SharpenRake said:

Is that the same track staff member that Craig Cook rode his bike into and then attempted to head butt. Certain people representing Glasgow speedway acted disgracefully tonight and brought the sport into disrepute. Eastbourne are not blameless in all of this, club officials making juvenile comments on the mic to provoke the opposition was very unprofessional. A stronger more senior referee would have been able to handle the situation better, instead of letting it get out of hand.

look its time we all went back to work. So to try and make it clear I have at no stage said that Craig Cook wasn't out of order and perhaps he will be findd, banned, lose his job, quit speedway , who knows. BUT things happen for a reason and reading all the posts on here and elsewhere and especially from Glasgow fans at the meeting others are NOT blameless and that needs to be taken into account as well. Good evening and once again well done to the Eatbourne eagles riders.

5 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Is that the same track staff member that Craig Cook rode his bike into and then attempted to head butt. Certain people representing Glasgow speedway acted disgracefully tonight and brought the sport into disrepute. Eastbourne are not blameless in all of this, club officials making juvenile comments on the mic to provoke the opposition was very unprofessional. A stronger more senior referee would have been able to handle the situation better, instead of letting it get out of hand.

Thank you

10 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

He surely cannot be selected for Team GB in future and I would suggest that, listening to the Glasgow owner's words, his future with the Tigers is precarious.

Only way Craig Cooks future is precarious is if he lets off a fire extinguisher in a hotel 

5 minutes ago, Richard Weston said:

And deprive a ride of wages. Just shows you have not caught up with the power that speedway riders have. You would have an injunction faster than you can say Craig Cook who, I have now been told, has a very wide vocabulary.

Thing is Richard likes us and the Glasgow fans love him and he would really like to be riding on a speedway track but currently needs must, just saying. Now if Cookie gets a ban and with our millions hey its not rocket science

Just back after a thoroughly enjoyable night down there as a neutral.

Others have described the events well, and it was directly in front of us so we had a ringside seat of it all.  Cook pathetic frankly and should get a ban, although there were a few swings and a few kicks aimed by others.  I thought one of the boot swingers was Martin Dugard but it happened so quick it might have been someone else similarly dressed.

The comments made pre-meeting over the mic by Jon Cook, Dugard and the announcer wound things up definitely tho and i even said to the person i was with, that Craig Cook is unstable at the best of times and i forecast some kind of kick off with him at some point.  That some point was about a minute later tho which was a bit quicker than i figured tho.

No idea what went on with Cook and his 2 mins exclusion but instead of perhaps winning his first and shutting the crowd up for a bit, by the time he came out the meeting was pretty much gone. it was as if the whole team had lost their nerve and the tie was a dead duck very early really.  

Lovely day in general tho - fish and chips, ice cream, few lagers and the speedway all made for a good day out.

Kudos to the glasgow fans who travelled - and also very sane words from their promoter chap who spoke and spoke well after the meeting.

I was a neutral tonight and loved every minute of it tho.  

• Like 5