British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

On 8/11/2019 at 8:42 PM, old bob at herne bay said:

Interesting ruling led by Mr J Cook’s old friend Mr N Vatcher. 

Surprised that the only Eastbourne rider punished is Mr E Kennett, when I distinctly saw 2 Eastbourne riders piling into the scrum. Mr C Vissing appears to have received a ban for deliberately  breaking the tapes.

Surprised that the Eastbourne employee allegedly Mr P Dugard not censured for his aggression towards Mr C Cook. 

Given the haphazard frequency of the fixtures in British speedway shouldn’t bans be for a number of meeting rather than a number of days? 

I do hope that the many Eastbourne “co promoters” and their  announcer take heed of the results of their overtly provocative personal remarks made during the “ pre meeting parade” . 

No mention of suggested improvements to  the Eastbourne track conditions which started this whole sorry affair. 

Was this before the Glasgow team announcements?  The crowd (as seen on a video) were booing the Glasgow riders very vocally so something must've been said before this .....

27 minutes ago, Bryce said:

Prior to the parade Eastbourne staff and presenters had made it very clear to the crowd that the delayed start was due to the Glasgow team, led by Craig Cook, moaning about the track conditions. Hence the booing.

After the Glasgow riders had been bleating on about the track, was there any work done to it, to rectify any concerns ?

4 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

After the Glasgow riders had been bleating on about the track, was there any work done to it, to rectify any concerns ?

so much has been written it's hard to remember but recollect someone there saying they did a couple of laps light grading to rectify the holes and mounds the Glasgow riders had made. All of the film I've seen from the now infamous 18 second Martin Dugard clip to the excellent 23 minute documentary shows the track to be apparently perfectly fine.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, HGould said:

so much has been written it's hard to remember but recollect someone there saying they did a couple of laps light grading to rectify the holes and mounds the Glasgow riders had made. All of the film I've seen from the now infamous 18 second Martin Dugard clip to the excellent 23 minute documentary shows the track to be apparently perfectly fine.

Was the Glasgow riders happy after the work ?

Seems to be strange/silly to travel all the way there, then try and break it. It's not like its 'just along the road'.

22 hours ago, Gavan said:

Ive been going to speedway for 38 years and ive never seen a marshall standing out in the middle of a track with a red flag

Ive seen riders either buried in the fence or lying prostrate on the track and the red lights go on and the marshalls stand on the infield with flags out

A red flag does not mean stop...........do riders stop at a red flag? No, they slow down expecting an incident to have occured. 

Cook was slowing and would no doubt have either left the track or stopped completely

Im not condoning what Cook did next........but its absurd that neither the marshall or either Dugard have been reprimanded

A sensible post.....

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HGould said:

Looking at weather forecasts for the next 10 days could be at least one of them (could be any of the 3) actually misses no matches. Not ideal but surely if you are going to ban for 10 or 12 days a proportionate fine relevant to "x matches"  or a suspended fine (or Fine in the case of Cook who has previous) would be a better punishment.

Your suggesting the SCB should've based their punishment, or at least part of on the weather forecast.:blink:

Edited by screm

22 minutes ago, eaglesno1 said:

very balanced and professional statement that puts a perspective we have not heard before..

very much tallies with what we have been told by those present.

thought at the time that the Speedway Star interview with Cook was wrong as there was an ongoing Inquiry.

time to move on 

• Haha 3

They got security ready because they knew something was about to happen. 

Says it all for me. They knew what they were doing by making it as hostile as they could 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, eaglesno1 said:

What a pathetic attempt form Eastbourne to obviously detract from their part in the melee

Cant see why Edward got his ban!!! He rides for my club in the top league but you cant run 30 yards and then launch yourself and scrap with people!

The funniest bit is where they say that Cook hadnt slowed down at all.........he was doing about 10mph on the video....and the marshalls were 'at the side of the track'....quite clearly they all werent

Cook and Glasgow rightly taking a large portion of the blame.........but how about punches thrown from Paul Dugard and a headbutt on Vissing from his brother

Ive no allegience to wither side but its farcical from Eastbourne that statement

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, HGould said:

very balanced and professional statement that puts a perspective we have not heard before..

very much tallies with what we have been told by those present.

thought at the time that the Speedway Star interview with Cook was wrong as there was an ongoing Inquiry.

time to move on 

you are kidding im assuming

Just now, Gavan said:

What a pathetic attempt form Eastbourne to obviously detract from their part in the melee

Cant see why Edward got his ban!!! He rides for my club in the top league but you cant run 30 yards and then launch yourself and scrap with people!

The funniest bit is where they say that Cook hadnt slowed down at all.........he was doing about 10mph on the video....and the marshalls were 'at the side of the track'....quite clearly they all werent

Cook and Glasgow rightly taking a large portion of the blame.........but how about punches thrown from Paul Dugard and a headbutt on Vissing from his brother

Ive no allegience to wither side but its farcical from Eastbourne that statement

The Dugards think they are a law unto themselves..... Not nice people in my book..

25 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Says it all for me. They knew what they were doing by making it as hostile as they could 

been there 3 times this season (twice brummies once leicester) and security / stewards there each time, got this one guy, "man mountain" who guards the Office / Turnstiles very polite guy though.

think the others patrol the perimeter fence as very remote and quite easy to get in to for free in places I'd think.

1 hour ago, Phil The Ace said:

Hostile isn't the word i would use.  A few silly comments over the pa, little kids as mascot, not exactly Galatasaray.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

Me either, but what bit was Martin Dugard's headbutt at then ?  He kicked someone up the bum in the first incident from my view.

4 minutes ago, The Doctor... said:

Me either, but what bit was Martin Dugard's headbutt at then ?  He kicked someone up the bum in the first incident from my view.

There's another video in circulation that shows a pretty vicious headbutt (or attempted as you can't quite see if contact is made) from Martin Dugard on Vissing.

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

It doesn't say that they can't see why Edward got a ban does it? It says they think the ban is unfairly disproportionate to one of the other bans given out.