British Speedway Forum

Eastbourne v Glasgow Semi Final

Blimey, been away from this thread for a day due to an operation and I come back to a science lesson....weird

One observation I have. Why do people take time read these threads and the saying it's gone too long or getting boring. Just font click on the thread title. For those of us still posting and reading....we want it.

Anyway my statement for the day  speedway is the winner here

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

On the first point, I tend to agree but SCB Regulations make it clear that the announcer must act 'in a strictly impartial manner'. That makes criticism or comment about the opposition a non starter.

On the second, three words : Isle Of Wight. The most praised speedway team in the country and their whole ethos is based around 'family sport'.

On the third, I really don't see why you can't promote both together. 

Isle of Wight.

The most praised team in the country..

I'm sorry, that says it all. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I think Isle of Wight got a four page spread :D

All credit to Eastbourne :approve: 

I was hugely impressed with Redcar the other night doing something similar.

one thing we can all agree on are the number of Clubs actually waking up and encouraging kids to Speedway

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BWitcher said:

Isle of Wight.

I think you'll find they are the most praised Promotion not team. Which as you say says it all when a promotion  are talked about more than promotions in the top 2 leagues. They must be doing something right so where are the rest going wrong?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Pirate Nick said:

I think you'll find they are the most praised Promotion not team. Which as you say says it all when a promotion  are talked about more than promotions in the top 2 leagues. They must be doing something right so where are the rest going wrong?

There are a number of other sides in PL and CL doing things as well as if not better than IOW  but Barry Bishop is probably the most flamboyant and confident Promoter of this generation.

I don't think its a case that some of the others are going wrong.

I think the media hold Pearson and AP have limits many Clubs, certainly my own Club is very poor and quality of website, social media and programme is way behind the best and I think the Clubs doing best are more "independent" in their Media, Marketing and Communications.

IOW do have advantages many clubs don't have certainly in likes of Local Government and Local Transport support and also in having no real alternative sports competition in their vicinity (an island after all) but credit where it is due they do very well., Bishop is a massive asset for them.

The day Birmingham City Council and W Midlands Transport lay on 1% of the help IOW get I suspect the Masons will think they have won the Lottery. Cradley Heath have fought for years against an awful Council campaign of indifference. 

Other clubs have made real progress and may be Barry Bishop needs to spread his wings and look at using his undoubted skills, may be at Poole? or Oxford??

Funny thing in relation to this 40+ page attack on Glasgow and Eastbourne is they are probably in the best 3-4 Clubs at Marketing and Promoting, and Craig Cook light years ahead of most British Riders in his Media; so may be they have got us all duped! :drink:

2 hours ago, BWitcher said:

Isle of Wight.

I am not quite certain of your emphasis here but I suspect it is that there is something wrong that such a small club should be getting far more credit - and that is across the board -  than much bigger ones. If so, and as Pirate Nick says, you're right.

But its not necessarily a negative. There are signs that others are realising - finally -  the need to make sure that customers are treated as though they are valued and that you want them to come back again.  

As I said, I was very impressed with Redcar the other night and although I wasn't aware of what Eastbourne are doing its brilliant to hear that they are really getting stuck in to attracting new people, especially young ones. 

Speedway desperately needs that kind of enthusiasm and positivity, so more power to their elbow.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Arson fire said:

Hats off to the flag Marshall i say, had the numpty have got past him and to where kids and pensioners could have been it could have been tragic, i would do exactly the same tbf, a red flag is a red flag, its the same for everyone end of.

Ask yourself this, would Cook have slowed if the public were on the track?? Of course he would!! So why didnt he in this instance?? Too many fans lick speedway riders ar5es to be able to see any wrong doing in my opinion.

All this does is give the self certed doyens of this forum the chance to play their pathetic ‘my mothers bigger than your mother’ game.

How anyone can defend Cookie and the course of actions he took is a joke, he could have caused serious injury to someone by his totally immature, irresponsible actions that night... to look for a scapegoat to pardon him at the same time makes you as bad as him!!. But lets blame the bloke trying to stop him eh.

I must have missed all those kids and pensioners standing at the pit gate where he was riding to. Were they airbrushed out of the video? 

• Like 3

I must have missed all those kids and pensioners standing at the pit gate where he was riding to. Were they airbrushed out of the video? 

is that where Eastbourne have a safe area,  by the pits gate ? but no denying there was people/children still being introduced to the paying public . good to see lots of kids @ Eastbourne speedway .

and here we go again ........

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DC2 said:

No, they were wearing the Eastbourne kevlars.  :)

even one had  hijacked  a glasgow suit  i think it was a number 4 . could be wrong tho .i will save the triplets time by adding a sad, confused unhappy faces on my post  !   -_-  :blink:  :angry: ...

Edited by jenga
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, jenga said:

even one had  hijacked  a glasgow suit  i think it was a number 4 . could be wrong tho .i will save the triplets time by adding a sad, confused unhappy faces on my post  !   -_-  :blink:  :angry: ...

Sack and sad spring to mind.

Is there not a Workington Forum you can spout your p*sh on.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The pit gate where bikes exit is halfway down the back straight as others have confirmed.  The mascots and hangers on were on the back straight.  

I get that they aren't in the video but its' getting on my ** people downright lying in this thread.  

• Like 2