British Speedway Forum

bandits 2020

On 2/8/2020 at 6:48 AM, screm said:

I get the reason why Leon has been stopped from riding for Newcastle but it's two different competitions and as long as there was no fixture clashes I would've thought a young rider getting track time would be encouraged rather than blocked.

Rules have been changed from the published ones at Xmas. A rider now can't ride for 2 teams (Leon already signed for Armadale) so Newcastle have acted quickly and signed David Wallinger. Not a youngster, but he is a very experienced rider who, from observation, is very helpful and encouraging for our younger team members.   

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, emilali said:

You and him are both as sad as each other unfortunately. 

mmmmmmm thanks lollollol

3 hours ago, screm said:

Wish he would take the Cornhill clown with him and with any luck leave him there.:D

see you next season mmmmmmm

54 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Rules have been changed from the published ones at Xmas. A rider now can't ride for 2 teams (Leon already signed for Armadale) so Newcastle have acted quickly and signed David Wallinger. Not, a youngster but he is a very experienced rider who, from observation, is very helpful and encouraging for our younger team members.   

Whats his average? Are they not also about 3.5 points under the points limit? 

16 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Rules have been changed from the published ones at Xmas. A rider now can't ride for 2 teams (Leon already signed for Armadale) so Newcastle have acted quickly and signed David Wallinger. Not, a youngster but he is a very experienced rider who, from observation, is very helpful and encouraging for our younger team members.   

That's not the reason I heard Dave ;)

but putting that aside, wouldn't you have thought that it might make a little bit of sense to carry the rules through until the end of the season? Any tinkering, amendments or changes can be thought of during the season and brought in for the following season or on a specific date and, not just on a whim.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

but putting that aside, wouldn't you have thought that it might make a little bit of sense to carry the rules through until the end of the season? Any tinkering, amendments or changes can be thought of during the season and brought in for the following season or on a specific date and, not just on a whim.

Yes, that would be common sense you would have thought. But it is the BSPA. :D No doubt there's something about getting more riders involved rather than doubling up with youngsters. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, pitstop84 said:

Dave am I right in saying only the other week that Dave Wallinger said he was not riding this year,  with work and family time?

I heard that too, but with only 3 home & 3 away NT matches, it won't take up much of his time!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I heard that too, but with only 3 home & 3 away NT matches, it won't take up much of his time!

Yes. It's a good chance to put himself in the window if there is a vacancy somewhere. The fact both David and the Newcastle Gems are Northern is good,  and it's only 6 meetings plus friendlies. 

On 2/8/2020 at 3:11 PM, Tsunami said:

Rules have been changed from the published ones at Xmas. A rider now can't ride for 2 teams (Leon already signed for Armadale) so Newcastle have acted quickly and signed David Wallinger. Not a youngster, but he is a very experienced rider who, from observation, is very helpful and encouraging for our younger team members.   

I think he was a Newcastle guest when I saw the Bandits race there last year. He didn’t do too badly. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/9/2020 at 8:02 AM, ruffdiamond said:

You can't expect common sense to be shown from the BSPA!

• Haha 1