British Speedway Forum

bandits 2020

5 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

I’m not even sure if it’ll hold it’s own at home.

Perhaps, but in their favour, it’s not exactly a passing track, when I’ve been there at least. If they can gate well, every chance of holding position. And isn’t it one of the longer tracks in the league? Must be a bit of a pain for visiting riders setup-wise, compared to other tracks.

31 minutes ago, emilali said:

To be fair I’m not unrealistic enough to expect them to be going out and signing riders like what Glasgow do. However, how can that 1-7 be justified. How can Bickley (3pt reserve) replace Doolan ? The team isnt even built upto the points limit. I am aware they operate on a budget but if thats the case why not just go into the NL and be 1 of the better clubs. 

I've got no inside knowledge on who the club may have tried to sign, but maybe there is a difficulty in attracting riders to Berwick? Maybe riders don't want to travel? Maybe they don't like the track? Just my opinion, but moving down to the National League could be a risk as well, just because I wonder how many fans would think 'I'm not watching that level'? It may be the future of the club, who knows?

I think that they will hope that Jye Etheridge continues to improve like he did last season and take the 2nd heat leader position, Leon and Kyle Bickley both continue to improve and Dany Gappmaier to continue to score well at home. 

5 hours ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

They’ve had reasonable offers to sell and turned them down... so not an excuse imo, if you’re losing money, sell it whilst you can? The team is over a point under the limit for goodness sake?

Ooooh, what's "reasonable" and who's offered?  Or are you just stirring? 

• Like 1

Lets be realistic. With the points limit at 41 you need to pick a team where riders are capable of scoring higher than their average or you lose. 

I think the team might not be what i would have picked but they all are capable of scoring more than their average especially at home. . 

If you win your home meetings and get a few away points you are in top 6. 

12 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Nice to see 2 British juniors at reserve but overall it’s a poor team. I’m not even sure if it’ll hold it’s own at home. 

What was the point in signing THJ at the end of last season if he didn’t cone back for 2020?

Correct me if wrong but is Jonasson not a rider owned by Poole? I would imagine he off to South Coast

I can see where Berwick coming from with team? Not lot costly loan fees. I think if right, Gappmaier, Etheridge, Garcia, Flint and maybe Jakobsen belong to club?

Edited by Catch Me If You Can
Add content

33 minutes ago, Catch Me If You Can said:

Correct me if wrong but is Jonasson not a rider owned by Poole? I would imagine he off to South Coast

I can see where Berwick coming from with team? Not lot costly loan fees. I think if right, Gappmaier, Etheridge, Garcia, Flint and maybe Jakobsen belong to club?

think jacobsen is still property of the BSPA (was a rye house asset when they folded)  but I'm sure you're right about the the rest 

45 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

What lads? I’ll support the 1-7 at the start but the promotion are making the fans look like mugs with that line up and I’m not going to go and watch us get beat with no passing every week.

Use it or loose it as it is your choice...

15 hours ago, MD said:

Wrong track for KBs development IMO. The big track and slick surface will suit him but does nothing to overcome his weakness at smaller tracks like Armadale and Newcastle.

It's not only the smaller tracks. He is poor at Leicester and is not making the progress that may expected him to do.

16 hours ago, Islander15 said:

Nice to see 2 British juniors at reserve but overall it’s a poor team. I’m not even sure if it’ll hold it’s own at home. 

What was the point in signing THJ at the end of last season if he didn’t cone back for 2020?

The point of signing THJ was as a direct injury replacement for NBJ.      Who is now fit again.

18 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The point of signing THJ was as a direct injury replacement for NBJ.      Who is now fit again.

Could’ve saved some money and ran R/R for a handful of meetings. I thought the point would be for him to get to know the club and track etc ready for a full season.