British Speedway Forum

bandits 2020

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Berwick`s weakness over the last couple of seasons has been the lack of an out and out No1 who can win the majority of his rides both home and away especially in crucial Hts 13 & 15, Aaron Summers, NB Jacobsen are both capable riders but are not Championship No1`s. That weakness still remains and I am surprised the club haven't addressed that when putting this team together. 

We could survive with the pair of them at 1&5 if we had 3 strong riders backing up, which we could of had... As Bickley and Leon at reserve are more than capable

6 minutes ago, screm said:

Berwick`s weakness over the last couple of seasons has been the lack of an out and out No1 who can win the majority of his rides both home and away especially in crucial Hts 13 & 15, Aaron Summers, NB Jacobsen are both capable riders but are not Championship No1`s. That weakness still remains and I am surprised the club haven't addressed that when putting this team together. 

They have tried in the past with Eddie Kennett and Nick Morris in the past... But it just never seems to work out for them for some reason... Maybe they need to tempt a certain Frenchman back... Think he'd tear this league apart now... Is there a reason he doesn't do Championship anymore?

4 minutes ago, bjcol said:

no chance with that team free to a good home a season ticket that was a waste of cash

As season ticket details don't come out until Wednesday that's as big a bunch of rubbish as your Doolan signing the other day.

What happened to that ?0

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

They have tried in the past with Eddie Kennett and Nick Morris in the past... But it just never seems to work out for them for some reason... Maybe they need to tempt a certain Frenchman back... Think he'd tear this league apart now... Is there a reason he doesn't do Championship anymore?

Bellego did the European Champs last season and every meeting was on a Saturday, add to that qualifiers etc and Bellego racing for a Saturday track is a non starter.

7 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Polonia Bydgoszcz... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, screm said:

Bellego did the European Champs last season and every meeting was on a Saturday, add to that qualifiers etc and Bellego racing for a Saturday track is a non starter.

I see... Was he not available on Saturdays this year then?

Doesn't matter, just seen above he rides in Poland on Saturdays

Edited by Dandelion

52 minutes ago, emilali said:

Obviously Shorty and Tommy will be over the moon with the 1-7 but realistically whats even the point in entering a team if you are going to put a team like that out. Why not just go into the National league? 

Must be moving up in the world now that I'm getting called by my Sunday name. What happened to the Muppets and Chuckle Brothers? See you in March for some happy clapping.

10 minutes ago, screm said:

This is the second time you have called me a "gimp", hopefully this time you will leave your post up long enough to the mods can deal with it, and dealt with it it will be.

lolollolvery nice mmmmmmmm

Bickley for Doolan basically means we are worse of all round. Must admit with the 5  1 draw an earner for them was hoping for a better team than that very disappointing basically a 3 man team no chance of getting in the top 6 think crowds will be down next season, but as a certain person will be saying at least we have speedway. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, emilali said:

Whats your view on the 1-7 then?

Economic reality. The club could go out and put together an expensive team, but then be out of business within a couple of months. I would love nothing more than the club to be in a position where they could attract "big name" riders, but that simply isn't the case. Look no further than Berwick Rangers if you want an example of how sporting clubs in the town are struggling to find investment and sponsorship. Lets see what the season brings before we judge them.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, topsoil said:

Economic reality. The club could go out and put together an expensive team, but then be out of business within a couple of months. I would love nothing more than the club to be in a position where they could attract "big name" riders, but that simply isn't the case. Look no further than Berwick Rangers if you want an example of how sporting clubs in the town are struggling to find investment and sponsorship. Lets see what the season brings before we judge them.  

To be fair I’m not unrealistic enough to expect them to be going out and signing riders like what Glasgow do. However, how can that 1-7 be justified. How can Bickley (3pt reserve) replace Doolan ? The team isnt even built upto the points limit. I am aware they operate on a budget but if thats the case why not just go into the NL and be 1 of the better clubs. 

• Like 3

I’ve got to be honest and say I’m disappointed. I fully understand they have to work to a budget, but this has the look of a side that will struggle near the bottom of the league table. 

Didn’t expect to see Gappmaier and Garcia back. 

• Like 6