British Speedway Forum

British final Belle Vue Monday July 29th live on BT Sport

10 hours ago, jenga said:

EPIC fail on charles surname on the British sPEEDWAY SITE . CANT EVEN SPELL WRIGHT.  who is charles wight  ?

are these people getting paid to do this website ? abysmal  pr . 

The BSPA website is abysmal full stop to be honest from design to content.  As someone that's dabbled in web design it's fundamentally a cluttered mess, it was not great before this redesign, even worse now. I would argue it may have looked ok 10-years ago, but these days it's way below standard.   

• Like 1

Well chuffed for charles wright, always said that when him an his brother james rode for workington that charles had more potential an boy is he showing it now. 

Take a bow charlie boy, definitely the best rider on show last night an rode wider an wider full throttle as the night went on. 

Have to say I was disappointed with craig cook, for someone who was a gran prix rider just a year ago an on a track he knows so well he pulled up no trees, an was beaten by wright quite easily on two occasions. 

Once again congratulations mr wright, a well deserved winner. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Midget said:

Well chuffed for charles wright, always said that when him an his brother james rode for workington that charles had more potential an boy is he showing it now. 

Take a bow charlie boy, definitely the best rider on show last night an rode wider an wider full throttle as the night went on. 

Have to say I was disappointed with craig cook, for someone who was a gran prix rider just a year ago an on a track he knows so well he pulled up no trees, an was beaten by wright quite easily on two occasions. 

Once again congratulations mr wright, a well deserved winner. 

AYE, mr Wright can do no wrong  ! well done fella .

1 minute ago, OveFundinFan said:

Midget, do you think Cooks broken wrist might have hampered his riding last night.?

no , its only a fractured wrist . Craig  said it was fractured on his social media and the Glasgow spiel machine put it down as a broken and over sold it to joe public .  typical stuf frae Glasgow ..nuff sed ..

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

We do but we need to do better than the 3 riders mentioned here, two go ok at the NSS whilst do nothing away, the other one does nothing home and away.

I actually think you need to go back to trying to win heavier at home as this trying to get riders to be better away is not working.With Wells it did not work and you relinquished a chance of having two really decent reserves.Your biggest problem is the track you have is so brilliant other teams love going there and the home advantage is nil.

24 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Midget, do you think Cooks broken wrist might have hampered his riding last night.?

could’ve caused him not riding the deep stuff like king and wright were. Seemed to to stay lower down away from it. 

But then again maybe not could’ve been a case of just not quick enough. 

Recorded it and when I watched the final I thought I was watching the SON again with Cook and Harris 3rd and 4th! 

Well done Charles Wright but my word, the quality of riders in the 80's and 90's that contested the British Final compared to last night shows the mess we are in!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Toad said:

Well done Charles Wright but my word, the quality of riders in the 80's and 90's that contested the British Final compared to last night shows the mess we are in!

But the racing was still very good last night, so you don’t need all the top names to produce good racing. A decent track and riders who are up for it is what matters, both were present last night.

• Like 9

Yes the racing was good once the track settled down and some of the moves were incredible and it's why we love the sport but you could virtually pick 3 of the finalists before the start and apart from TW and RL we have no one remotely near international class. 

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

I actually think you need to go back to trying to win heavier at home as this trying to get riders to be better away is not working.With Wells it did not work and you relinquished a chance of having two really decent reserves.Your biggest problem is the track you have is so brilliant other teams love going there and the home advantage is nil.

Yes agree about the problem with the track being so good others love to visit, Swindon could end up with a similar problem as their track appears to be bedding down nicely. We really need to be better away  as the margins we are losing by would not give us much chance of going through over two legs against any side at the moment. Keeping the away margins much closer is a must.

2 hours ago, crescent girl said:

The rule is actually 'if the race is stopped the referee shall exclude the culprit' - there's no 'first bend doesn' t count' caveat.    

So if referees are allowed to regularly ignore that rule  by ordering 'all four back' re-runs after a bingle on the first turn, they can theoretically do so at any stage, on any lap. 

Which would lead to all sorts of stuff, l fear. 

Last night, the rider 'who was the cause of the stoppage' was maybe 25% Stevie Worrall, 75% Paul Starke.  Never Charles Wright. 

As long as he gets call right,what’s the problem.Think he got it wrong last night though.He doesn’t have to exclude to call a re-run.

Pinny summed it up best when he mentioned Cook is a bit like Stonehewer, exceptional rider at div 2 level, good rider at div 1 level but not world class level and most of the time will struggle when against a field of established world class riders, that however is still a level a lot of riders will never get near too, some riders will never be more than a div 2 reserve.

Its impossible to compare like for like era's but you have to wonder how some riders would have gone had they been around in the 80s when doubling up was not an option, personally putting aside the argument of the amount of rides and viability to only race one league, I have always felt it holds a rider back.

Charles Wright reminds me a bit of David Norris..

Both obviously talented from an early age but both seemed to drift along doing 'OK' without breaking sweat..

Norris ended his career as a true top level rider when, by his own admission, he started to focus more, so let's hope Wright can have a similar leap forward to the higher levels now he has the confidence brought on by being National Champion.

Always frustrating when a 'natural talent' doesn't reach its full potential, and Wright definitely has that..

31 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

Yes agree about the problem with the track being so good others love to visit, Swindon could end up with a similar problem as their track appears to be bedding down nicely. We really need to be better away  as the margins we are losing by would not give us much chance of going through over two legs against any side at the moment. Keeping the away margins much closer is a must.

Swindon in a way are the same i only look to score 41/42 pts away as our away form is poor maybe that could change with Musielak back but at home we should build up good leads.For me just say if you had Auty/Berge at reserve with Lidsey in the top five that is stronger than you have at the moment and you would certainly score more home points at home.