British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn vs Peterborough. Thursday July 25th

Whilst we welcome Nick to the team, we have our top two riders injured.

I'm pretty sure Cookie will ride, but will find the going tough, with Lynn being so grippy, if as he says  he couldn't hold on in the SON over the last few days.

Hope Robert isn't to bad. I haven't heard anything.

Could make this a tricky meeting for the Stars, who need all the points they can get.

With only Poole not riding, finding a guest, if we need one is limited.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Whilst we welcome Nick to the team, we have our top two riders injured.

I'm pretty sure Cookie will ride, but will find the going tough, with Lynn being so grippy, if as he says  he couldn't hold on in the SON over the last few days.

Hope Robert isn't to bad. I haven't heard anything.

Could make this a tricky meeting for the Stars, who need all the points they can get.

With only Poole not riding, finding a guest, if we need one is limited.

Jorgensen still resting his shoulder at present,wasn't fit enough to ride for Newcastle tonight.

TBH I just forgot about  TJ's shoulder. Lambo and Cookie's injuries had took my attention away from TJ, and I forgot to check if he was riding today.

If the Stars didn't have bad luck, they wouldn't have any :angry::angry:

If Cookie and Rob are fit enough, I expect RR to TJ if he still isn't right. 

If we need a guest for Rob or Craig, it's a bit limited. I doubt Holder would be interested if not riding :wink:

Peterborough will need guests as well I presume, Stars Select v Panthers Select. 

On paper, with 3 potentially injured riders, we one our 'easier' matches, hope it doesn't turn out to be a banana skin.

I would imagine Peterborough already have  HA  place covered.    With this fix race night idea, there will always be problems when looking for guests. Its Part and Parcel that goes with it. 

When considering the fitness and strains of a lot of our riders, surely it would be far beneficial to prepare a slick track when it requires less effort to perform.    Making them perform on a grippy track does them no favours what so ever.    

PS.  Of all the Kings Lynn riders ( past & present) who performed in yesterday's SON , must say how impressed I was with Huckenbeck.  Since leaving the Stars he has progressed into a really talented and competitive rider.    :t:

21 minutes ago, g13webb said:

I would imagine Peterborough already have  HA  place covered.    With this fix race night idea, there will always be problems when looking for guests. Its Part and Parcel that goes with it. 

When considering the fitness and strains of a lot of our riders, surely it would be far beneficial to prepare a slick track when it requires less effort to perform.    Making them perform on a grippy track does them no favours what so ever.    

PS.  Of all the Kings Lynn riders ( past & present) who performed in yesterday's SON , must say how impressed I was with Huckenbeck.  Since leaving the Stars he has progressed into a really talented and competitive rider.    :t:

Modern day British tracks for you, there is only 1 track at present that compares with Polish/Swedish tracks,Promoters need to man up and make their tracks racable.Riders want to have confidence to race, not concerned about not being able to turn their bikes or hitting a grippy patch in the middle of the bends.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hyderd said:

Modern day British tracks for you, there is only 1 track at present that compares with Polish/Swedish tracks,Promoters need to man up and make their tracks racable.Riders want to have confidence to race, not concerned about not being able to turn their bikes or hitting a grippy patch in the middle of the bends.

Have you got the money to put in to alter the tracks, they can't do just what they want when they're shared venues either. We have so many issues going against us compared to other countries.  Do any tracks in Poland, Sweden and Denmark share their tracks with stock car/banger racing or dog racing? No I believe. The majority of their tracks are community owned, what a fantastic situation they find themselves in!!

1 minute ago, Trees said:

Have you got the money to put in to alter the tracks, they can't do just what they want when they're shared venues either. We have so many issues going against us compared to other countries.  Do any tracks in Poland, Sweden and Denmark share their tracks with stock car/banger racing or dog racing? No I believe. The majority of their tracks are community owned, what a fantastic situation they find themselves in!!

Using the right type of shale would be a start!! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, hyderd said:

Helps when the council pay for it. 

Not every speedway club can rely on their council buying them a stadium.

Rather live in a 2 bedroom semi that I paid for, than a 5 bedroom detached council house.

9 minutes ago, JeremyCorbynFan said:

Helps when the council pay for it. 

Not every speedway club can rely on their council buying them a stadium.

Rather live in a 2 bedroom semi that I paid for, than a 5 bedroom detached council house.

But just think of the fun you could have with a different blow up doll in all 5 bedrooms :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

10 hours ago, The Stag said:

Using the right type of shale would be a start!! 

Absolutely spot on - though thing to remember is Kings Lynn is a stock car stadium that just happens to stage a few speedway meetings . 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trees said:

What's the right type of shale? Where does it come from and how expensive is it?

Forever the loyalist that’s trees lol  None of the above matter when the promotion (and I used the word promotion in a very lose way as there isn’t much promoting going on ) doesn’t have any intention of using red shale they are quite happy using clay based with a few stone thrown in - sooner everyone realises its all about stock cars rather than speedway the better 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some people on here will say I'm always moaning,     but I walk about with my eyes open and see a lot of good in other tracks.   I can accept  the importance of Stock-car racing at the AFA ,  but I don't see why we have to suffer the crap surface for Speedway.     Having witness Buster and his party turn a saturated,  flooded track into a proper race track in an hour, I fail to see why  it cant be achieved for each of our 12 home meetings.    How many SC meeting are held each year ??   I'm sure this is achievable.   With the full complement of Buster machinery,  I'm sure it would be possible to use the proper shale without too many problems.    

From a laymen who pays and witnesses the gradual decline of fans,  I sit and watch fellow supporters and hear their moans.  Nobody is happy with the spectacle that is dished up regularly, and I wonder how much longer these figures will continue to fall before it is deemed as none viable.      Nobody seem to care what the fans think.   instead of looking at ways to cut the costs, why not think of ways to make it more exciting... and appealing to the many who don't go any more... 

I went to Leicester  recently and thoroughly enjoyed the night out.     Considering it is relatively new,  they put on a real good show.  there were no holdups, racing was much closer  than we get here.  the shale was a pleasant reddish colour that gave an wonderful contrast instead of that black rubbish we use.    the  racing lines offered more chance to overtaking,   not all races were won from the gate..   No, they didn't have a Robert Lambert,  that was the only thing missing.   But it was a cheaper and more enjoyable night out.             At nights like this,  it really stands out how far the Kings Lynn speedway has fallen....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, g13webb said:

Some people on here will say I'm always moaning,     but I walk about with my eyes open and see a lot of good in other tracks.   I can accept  the importance of Stock-car racing at the AFA ,  but I don't see why we have to suffer the crap surface for Speedway.     Having witness Buster and his party turn a saturated,  flooded track into a proper race track in an hour, I fail to see why  it cant be achieved for each of our 12 home meetings.    How many SC meeting are held each year ??   I'm sure this is achievable.   With the full complement of Buster machinery,  I'm sure it would be possible to use the proper shale without too many problems.    

From a laymen who pays and witnesses the gradual decline of fans,  I sit and watch fellow supporters and hear their moans.  Nobody is happy with the spectacle that is dished up regularly, and I wonder how much longer these figures will continue to fall before it is deemed as none viable.      Nobody seem to care what the fans think.   instead of looking at ways to cut the costs, why not think of ways to make it more exciting... and appealing to the many who don't go any more... 

I went to Leicester  recently and thoroughly enjoyed the night out.     Considering it is relatively new,  they put on a real good show.  there were no holdups, racing was much closer  than we get here.  the shale was a pleasant reddish colour that gave an wonderful contrast instead of that black rubbish we use.    the  racing lines offered more chance to overtaking,   not all races were won from the gate..   No, they didn't have a Robert Lambert,  that was the only thing missing.   But it was a cheaper and more enjoyable night out.             At nights like this,  it really stands out how far the Kings Lynn speedway has fallen....

I am surprised you saw much passing at Leicester, i have been quite a few times and the only time i remember a decent race was when Doyle and Janowski had battles there, last time i went it was more boring than the AFA.