British Speedway Forum

Swindon v Wolverhampton Premiership Thursday July 18th

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

What was wrong with the track then, a little bumpy? He rode for us in the play off final, I am not sure it wasn't bumpy then!

Not sure it was the track as his scores in Poland have also dropped.  Hopefully he can get back to the riding and scoring he is capable of but not tonight.   

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It’s one of those times when the opposition really needs to smell blood.  Losing Adam to RR and with Tobi only just coming back should signal a chance of an away win although our record at Blunsdon isn’t great.

You have to feel for the Robins who seem to have had no luck all season. However I expect Wolves now to be favourites to win tonight.

You are joking , aren't you ?

Radio coverage here. Not great. Lots of periods of silence or just background noise, but keeps you up to date.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/motorsport/48958914?fbclid=IwAR3hqs-9nLFYoEViD3AXBtYAhobq4gMSeg6luZa8qKXHPRWTun7ootsR26c

The management need to start fining riders who get excluded for moving at the start twice. Can barely remember a meeting at home where we haven’t had a rider excluded for moving at the tapes or touching them.

the most brain dead way of gifting the oppo points and getting them back in the meeting.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevebrum said:

It’s one of those times when the opposition really needs to smell blood.  Losing Adam to RR and with Tobi only just coming back should signal a chance of an away win although our record at Blunsdon isn’t great.

You have to feel for the Robins who seem to have had no luck all season. However I expect Wolves now to be favourites to win tonight.

The only blood the opposition smelled was their own nose bleeds :wink:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beowulf said:

You are joking , aren't you ?

With rr and rider just back from injury we should have been. But as this is Wolves I take your point.

29 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

The only blood the opposition smelled was their own nose bleeds :wink:

Wolves just not good enough this year, pure and simple. Well done to the Robins for the win. Now to chase for that top 4 spot.

My last time talking the Wolves up this season. It’s clear there is not the chemistry or desire to fight for glory this season. Swindon or Lynn for the 4th spot whilst we fight it out with the Panthers for the basement.

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

With rr and rider just back from injury we should have been. But as this is Wolves I take your point.

Wolves just not good enough this year, pure and simple. Well done to the Robins for the win. Now to chase for that top 4 spot.

My last time talking the Wolves up this season. It’s clear there is not the chemistry or desire to fight for glory this season. Swindon or Lynn for the 4th spot whilst we fight it out with the Panthers for the basement.

I feared the Thorsell, Morris partnership tonight. What a waste of worrying that was!

• Like 1

Good show from Batch in Ht 15. On way back to Wolves now... Golden Heart at Nettleton Bottom closed for the night. Suffering the Air Baloon. Not a good night to be A Wolves fan.  Hope M5 is cone free. 

When's the End Of Season Disco???

3 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

I feared the Thorsell, Morris partnership tonight. What a waste of worrying that was!

On paper should be dreaded. But I think they have mice on their race fronts not Wolves.

Time is up for Morris. Time to let him go. Time to try someone new.

2 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

On paper should be dreaded. But I think they have mice on their race fronts not Wolves.

Time is up for Morris. Time to let him go. Time to try someone new.

No it would be handy if you kept him until the end of the season so we can use him at reserve next year!

4 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

No it would be handy if you kept him until the end of the season so we can use him at reserve next year!

Exactly. The Wolves promotion will probably be that stupid too as well.

So over this on paper power packed side now. 

1 minute ago, stevebrum said:

Exactly. The Wolves promotion will probably be that stupid too as well.

So over this on paper power packed side now. 

I have felt the same frustrations with Swindon all year. We are on a good run at home but away form has been awful and with our top 5 we should be getting more. Still be between us 2 for last place in the play offs. People going on like KL signing Porsing is some sort of miracle signing. Just remember him being poo and massively overrated. Swindon or Wolves for the last place. 

• Like 1