British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Poole Prem. 11/6/19

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes that is someone who crossed my mind maybe some riders think there value has gone up because we're desperate. 

We need someone who doesn't just turn up and score 4-6 (a bit like Worrall) but someone who could hit 5-10 and I don't think there are many riders around 5.24 who can do that. But Jakobsen does that and makes us stronger  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Can’t see Vissing being the answer but you have by my calculations 4.54 to play with so you could maybe get a new rider. 

I hope that Claus can chip in with three or points a meeting that along with Ellis Perks contribution  that could be anough when Musielak is back.??If Claus does not work out, maybe a fit Stefan Nielsen, Pickering, or Jeppesen could be option's.?

1 hour ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

We need someone who doesn't just turn up and score 4-6 (a bit like Worrall) but someone who could hit 5-10 and I don't think there are many riders around 5.24 who can do that. But Jakobsen does that and makes us stronger  

Someone likes jakobsen,,, is he Danish? 

Mmmm,, you remind me of someone

Edited by Baldyman
  • Like 1

Poole cannot re-sign Jakobsen ( or Woryna for that matter even if they had enough points) from last season as there is a rule that forbids it unless they are in the 1-7 at the start of this season!  -  without special dispensation.

In any case, Freddie has too much on his present 2019 racing calendar to consider UK - he has said so himself.

2 hours ago, ASpeedwayfan said:

If you want someone to hit 5-10 a meeting maybe you need to get someone who averages around 7.5 which is to high:blink:

• Like 1

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile number.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole cannot re-sign Jakobsen ( or Woryna for that matter even if they had enough points) from last season as there is a rule that forbids it unless they are in the 1-7 at the start of this season!  -  without special dispensation.

In any case, Freddie has too much on his present 2019 racing calendar to consider UK - he has said so himself.

In that case maybe Thomas Jonasson  I know he's isn't amazing but could be better than r/r.

17 minutes ago, John Scrutton said:

What a sad state that British Speedway is in when they have to call on a OLD MAN to replace "WOOFY' ....lets hope that he can score as many as he would be expected to score (WOOFY)

Do you think he's likely to ride? Unless cook does a wobbly think him and Robert will be in most races

None of the threatened showers have hit today and the forecast for rain that was looking 50/50 for 7/8pm has now shifted out til after 10pm so all looks set fair

Lets hope it stays that way and the Pirate select is sent packing with a humbling spanking :P

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

So Bomber has crated up his machinery for Russia so what will he be riding this evening? A bag of spanners hopefully!!:party:

I think he's put two other bikes together, so should be on his normal gear for Ipswich.