British Speedway Forum

Ipswich v Poole Prem. 11/6/19

19 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

This is certainly not aimed at the majority of Ipswich fans. Just one. Who seems elusive tonight for some reason. Where are you Gavan? Gavan your time is up! Better send out a search party.

None of us have ever seen him at Foxhall anyway......

• Haha 1

On 10 July 2019 at 5:13 PM, Steve Shovlar said:

Farcical guests, but at least it’s saved me going all the way to Ipswich tomorrow. Just not worth the time/fuel/effort when a team is put out like this to just make up the numbers (7).

The team is there to fulfil its obligation. Nothing more.

Mmm!

• Thanks 1

Very disappointing result.  Congratulations to Poole fully deserved.  

Just 3 heat advantages all night and one of those was when Klindt packed up in front. Leaving the stadium it was still 23C so keeping moisture into the track was very difficult.  Maybe not riding at home for 3 weeks contributed and maybe the track has been tyre packed by the stockcars which were their all last weekend. 

However every rider gave their all but we were second best out of the starts all night. 

We are just as capable of going to Poole and winning there. 

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Very disappointing result.  Congratulations to Poole fully deserved.  

Just 3 heat advantages all night and one of those was when Klindt packed up in front. Leaving the stadium it was still 23C so keeping moisture into the track was very difficult.  Maybe not riding at home for 3 weeks contributed and maybe the track has been tyre packed by the stockcars which were their all last weekend. 

However every rider gave their all but we were second best out of the starts all night. 

We are just as capable of going to Poole and winning there. 

Perhaps complacency had set in. The Witches just thought all they had to do was turn up and Pirates would just roll over. Or perhaps they have been riding above themselves and tonight reality cut back in?

Or perhaps Pirates are lucky to have the best manager in the business who can motivate a team not expected to win. Middlo is a very good man manager and knows just how to get the best out of a team. Whilst it was an impossible task on Monday, the Ipswich track is more similar to Wimborne Road in shape and size. He got them fired up from the start and determined to battle for every point. Perhaps Hawkins hasn’t yet got that ability?

1 minute ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Or maybe you were lucky with a slick track ????

I think that would be a bit unfair to suggest that J

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Did we look lucky? Or did we look unbeatable? 

Neither - deserved winners doing the job that needed doing on the night

I think we may have been a touch complacent and it got away before we could turn it around. How we bounce back will be the key. Chatting to a few after Im confident they have it in them to turn it into a positive

I don’t think it was that slick, I think the track was smooth and grippy low down and mid track and there was far less material and grip on the outside - so the home boys were trying everything and just couldn’t find the grip and drive on the outside like normal this season, the positions and lines Heeps was trying this far he’s been flying past people went out there tonight and just nothing there, but for me that doesn’t automatically mean the whole track slick!

No riders on in inside/mid track were spinning up and struggling to generate drive the grip was there and the bikes were always pulling, but if it’s not equally as grippy on the wide line passing becomes tough - have similar stories on Peterborough threads this season with inside line being so grippy/smooth and fast no one gets there on the outside line - the track didn’t suit our boys one bit and was nothing like a single track we’ve seen for a home meeting so far this year

the Poole boys were best out of the tapes all night and getting to that first turn, some superb team riding from jack holder his first three races arguably the best 3 heats he’s ever ridden at Foxhall, never really ridden that well here before, klindt and josh equally impressive although I do feel klindt should’ve had at least one warning at the start before he finally got pulled back! Doolan and wells exceeded expectations so all in all fair play to Poole well deserved

• Like 2