British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Redcar KO Cup 5/7/19@19.30

40 minutes ago, foamfence said:

Well it's as good an excuse as any.:cheers:

It's not an excuse it's fact. You obviously didn't have to sit watching 3 tractors and various trucks going round and round and round and round, riders and ref visiting the track. Redcar did what was needed, congratulations to them. I just want to know what happened during the week that caused so many problems tonight. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Remedial track work was required and whilst frustrating it had to be done. The promotion have done a terrific job getting the track to this point and I believe this was just a mishap that won’t be repeated. 

Disappointed not to go through and have a sour taste at the way in which Redcar went about things with r/r for Bacon when Anderson should’ve been riding. I also could be wrong but reckon they were deliberately moving at the tapes to put off the rider on the outside of them - 4 times it happened. 

Unfortunately Kyle had a rare off night and  losing Jensen for the first leg has cost us. 

A couple of positives - Conor looks like he’s improving every lap and the bend 3 bump seems to have been sorted!

Back to the league next week with a guest required for Kyle! 

What was wrong with the track? Were the HOME riders complaining.

• Like 2

Anyway back to tonight , not a classic and no excuses Redcar came to do a job and done it very well.

Congratulations to them , i still fancied us to turn it round but not to be we move on and we still have plenty to race for.

Best team on the night qualified plain and simple , tidy team Redcar have now fancy them to win this :t:

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Remedial track work was required and whilst frustrating it had to be done. The promotion have done a terrific job getting the track to this point and I believe this was just a mishap that won’t be repeated. 

Disappointed not to go through and have a sour taste at the way in which Redcar went about things with r/r for Bacon when Anderson should’ve been riding. I also could be wrong but reckon they were deliberately moving at the tapes to put off the rider on the outside of them - 4 times it happened. 

Unfortunately Kyle had a rare off night and  losing Jensen for the first leg has cost us. 

A couple of positives - Conor looks like he’s improving every lap and the bend 3 bump seems to have been sorted!

Anderson was not available tonight due to a prior commitment so was never going to sign till tomorrow. Will start his Bears career on Sunday at Sheffield

Edited by slyfox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Thought Glasgow had done enough to see job done at Ashfield. Track reading reports seems to have been a leveller.

re Kyle; better having a guest for Kyle than having a Kyle for a guest. :(

Just now, Fromafar said:

Too much dirt on it from what I could see, although I openly admit I’m no track expert. The only faller prior to the work being done was Kyle in heat 2. 

I reckon the home team weren’t happy but when it was completed it was announced that both team captains were happy with the remedial work that had been completed. 

12 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Taken it well I see.

I’d respectfully suggest your point about the Bears moving to put the rider next to them off is wrong and the sour taste in your mouth is actually sour grapes. Nothing at all under hand about Andersen not riding tonight (he had a decent meeting in Denmark tonight though if you are interested)

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

Regarding Bacon Glasgow would have done the same thing in that situation.No rules broken.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

I don't think any riders have complained about the track until tonight. There's always the odd comment especially from riders that haven't done so well but tonight required lots of work and it was announced the ref thought it best to get it done early hence thedelay

12 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Gutted. 

sorry to edit your post .

but can you explain how it put riders off @ the gate ?

1 minute ago, jenga said:

sorry to edit your post .

but can you explain how it put riders off @ the gate ?

One of the start girls is quite busty, was putting me off don't know how the riders coped 

• Haha 6

9 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Nope - 4 times it happened. :nono:

If riders deliberately move the referee warns them, then if they do it again they get excluded - like Stewart was tonight.

There’s 2 of your “deliberate” tactics straight away ( neither of which benefitted the Bears).

Edited by Yearbyred
  • Like 2