British Speedway Forum

SON finals Togliatti Sat/Sun July 20th/21st Live on BT Sport

I presume for cost reasons and logistics the SON is being done as a remote TV production so limited number of cameras and small amount of equipment with the all the graphics,replays and commentary being done from London that’s why there are some gaps as there is a small time delay and also why they are not more up to date with what’s going on in the pits as don’t have spotters in the bits saying about bike changes and injury updates.

Personally I think the picture quality and coverage has not been great but that may just be me being over critical. Hopefully tomorrow will be better but is hard with limited equipment and staff on the ground 

22 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

I no good at COUNTDOWN either.......... until they get to the numbers.

Are good when using the 75?

Anyway, everybody else is complaining about everything, so I thought I would join in! :P

5 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Hope tomorrow is better then today but I can’t see how.

Ruddy pessimist... And it's THAN!!!!! :party:

Cook did well considering, but in hindsight, it now looks like Lambert actually came off worse...

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Chris Harris should trademark ‘at the back’ into his name as it’s said every time he takes to track.

Typical Shovlar getting on the bandwagon with a populist put down!

Bet you weren't saying that in the Play Off Final last year! :angry:

25 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

Cookie did exceptional tonight considering his crash. (Meeting just finished for me-I been watching a recording as I was out when it started.

Hope tomorrow is better then today but I can’t see how.

Totally agree. Hope all the UK riders can regain some confidence going in to tomorrow. In general it was not the most exciting event and the empty seats is a shame but the reality is, few take speedway seriously enough as a sport other than amongst the ‘anoraks’ Where does one go if this is suppose to be the  highest level of racing. To sum it up ‘it fails to excite, need to try harder to entertain’

1 hour ago, Mark said:

After a hard crash Craig Cook should be proud of his performance.    Lets not get on Bombers back.    He has done his best and tried very hard but he doesn't pick the team.

Quite right. He is doing his best. Unfortunately Rosco should have picked Charles Wright. In good form and worth a punt, can make a start sometimes as well better than Bewley this season I think. 

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

Another outpost for the sport, not an exciting meeting, empty seats and you have to say how much longer can this continue. No creditably and you cannot big up something that aspires to be taken seriously when this is the best that can be served up. Sad really but let’s hope tomorrow offers something better.