British Speedway Forum

Premiership- Swindon Robins v Ipswich Witches. 04/07/19.

Ipswich were great tonight disciplined frustrating filled the minor places the Budgies god they hardly made a gate all night.Kennett was great value and Pieszcek was awesome showing us just what he is capable of.I remember the u21 round at king's Lynn the other year and he was class he was class tonight.The ride from Doyley in heat 15 was top drawer stuff have to say i am worried now need to get Musielak back???? and get an astute reserve to replace Stefan it won't be easy chuffed to just win tonight,

Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

As it stands I can’t see anyone living with Ipswich over two legs. Which is absolutely remarkable considering what they looked like on paper back in March. 

Just hope they can avoid injuries. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

As it stands I can’t see anyone living with Ipswich over two legs. Which is absolutely remarkable considering what they looked like on paper back in March. 

Just hope they can avoid injuries. 

Like the Leicester of the Prem league. In my younger days I would of been pi$$ed with there success. I must be getting old . Doing very well. As long as they knock Poole out somewhere along the like, i'll be happy ;)

• Like 1

They certainly need to sort gates 2-4 out. Robins were mostly outgated last night. Fantastic third from Perky in heat 14, just needs a quicker bike, as important as the stunning swoop from Doyley in last heat. The Ippo top 5 hardly won a heat but great reserves and strength in depth, definite top 2. How did Batch win rider of the night? One of the best meetings I've seen at The Abbey since 1968, can't beat speedway when it's like this, super entertainment

2 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

They certainly need to sort gates 2-4 out. Robins were mostly outgated last night. Fantastic third from Perky in heat 14, just needs a quicker bike, as important as the stunning swoop from Doyley in last heat. The Ippo top 5 hardly won a heat but great reserves and strength in depth, definite top 2. How did Batch win rider of the night? One of the best meetings I've seen at The Abbey since 1968, can't beat speedway when it's like this, super entertainment

Lovely summers evening, some stunning speedway & down to the wire! Loved last night!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

As i've said on here a few times, one of the best things about the new track is the fact that even if there isn't a pass in a race then at least its close racing. No pass in heat 14 but Perks hanging on from Heeps was vital. There were a few more like that as well as the stand out heats 3, 5 and 15. Hope they get those 3 uploaded on youtube asap!!

• Like 3

Cant fault Swindon track when on song , some cracking nights seen there when the Wasps were in town. Never forget the Smart golden double win with Wato in 99, classic .

The racing has def improved since the new shape.

our 1999 meetings were superb and the year we had Puk, sadly most other years we werent much good there although i think we won the year we had Ash Jones. .

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Grachan said:

"He went for the dirt up by the burrrrrgerrrrrrr vaaaaan..."

Oim goin for a loy down

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Nuts should not have made it so easy for Doyle to come round him. Sure if it was the other way round then Doyle wouldn't have been so kind....

The problem is that the inside works lovely at the moment so he probably didn't know where to defend. Doyley certainly went a lot wider than anyone has for a long time at Blunsdon.