British Speedway Forum

Poole vs BV. Premiership. 27/06/19

21 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

It’s fair to say each track may have a different curfew time depending on planning approval, Poole obviously have a flexible arrangement to suit themselves for when they want to pull a meeting.! I may be over suspicious but knowing the way the club operates, at 24-24 and 2 riders down it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the paramedic was told to not rush back,  just a thought! 

if the paramedic did not get back in ample time the meeting would have been called of no result .and we were close to that .and that would have cost the club a lot of money and would have to find another date for the re-match

Edited by ray c

Do some BV fans honestly believe the  Poole promotion waited until they were in front before calling the halt ?

Its simple really, they could have called it off at heat 8  ( 24-24), but because the fans had waited patiently ,

They tried to cram in as many heats as possible before the 10-15 curfew .

Poole had no way of knowing they'd gain heat advantages from any of the last 4 races  ?

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Speedtiger said:

It’s fair to say each track may have a different curfew time depending on planning approval, Poole obviously have a flexible arrangement to suit themselves for when they want to pull a meeting.! I may be over suspicious but knowing the way the club operates, at 24-24 and 2 riders down it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that the paramedic was told to not rush back,  just a thought! 

It was agreeded by everyone concerned that the meeting would run till 10.15, and Poole won 37 - 35, both teams had the same chance to win it, funny nobody has mentioned that a Poole rider had to come out 3 races on the trot with hardly a break in between 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, WestGorton1884 said:

Do some BV fans honestly believe the  Poole promotion waited until they were in front before calling the halt ?

Its simple really, they could have called it off at heat 8  ( 24-24), but because the fans had waited patiently ,

They tried to cram in as many heats as possible before the 10-15 curfew .

Poole had no way of knowing they'd gain heat advantages from any of the last 4 races  ?

More to the point why does anybody take anything that ouch says seriously? I’ve always wondered muppet or wind up merchant, I’m currently swaying towards the latter. 

• Like 1

Many in the crowd thought it would be called off after heat 8 - in fact it was announced what the refund/readmission policy would be for a future meeting if it was called off then. However the ref went down to the pits and had discussions with both teams. Both teams wanted to continue racing subject to what time the paramedic was likely to return. A 'curfew' time of 10.15pm was agreed and announced.

If you believe yes, I see now why my opinion on the subject would be considered that of a muppet or a wind up merchant. 

Over the years teams, whether a curfew was in place or there had been an agreed finish time, would continue in an effort to gain a win or call it if they were in front. I’d say this would happen ninety odd percent of the time. 

Poole over the last decade or so have become infamous for stretching, bending or just plain breaking the rules. 

This I hope goes some way to explain my take on it all but I can appreciate any newbies without this knowledge would take it as red that everything was above board, as it should be. 

Alternatively if you believe that clubs call meetings whether in front or not or that Poole’s reputation is unwarranted then I can understand why you’d think my opinion don’t match yours. 

2 minutes ago, ouch said:

If you believe yes, I see now why my opinion on the subject would be considered that of a muppet or a wind up merchant. 

Over the years teams, whether a curfew was in place or there had been an agreed finish time, would continue in an effort to gain a win or call it if they were in front. I’d say this would happen ninety odd percent of the time. 

Poole over the last decade or so have become infamous for stretching, bending or just plain breaking the rules. 

This I hope goes some way to explain my take on it all but I can appreciate any newbies without this knowledge would take it as red that everything was above board, as it should be. 

Alternatively if you believe that clubs call meetings whether in front or not or that Poole’s reputation is unwarranted then I can understand why you’d think my opinion don’t match yours. 

I guess any 'newbies' wouldn't know about a track being deliberately flooded when their top rider was supposedly missing?  An act which was caught out and officially punished by the SCB/BSPA?  No? Just us 'oldies' then!!!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, ouch said:

Just to use this match as a reference as you said the last decade or so Poole have called meetings off to suit them...

Poole v Ipswich September 10th 2009:-

Poole 35 - Ipswich 37 .... Meeting abandoned after 12 heats due to 10pm curfew.

:oops::oops::oops:

Edited by scottyfan

4 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I guess any 'newbies' wouldn't know about a track being deliberately flooded when their top rider was supposedly missing?  An act which was caught out and officially punished by the SCB/BSPA?  No? Just us 'oldies' then!!!

One one off occurrence of which bv were reprimanded.

Poole, over the years, have persistently broken rules and never had the consequences. Part of an established elite that is often untouched.

People in glass houses an all that

2 minutes ago, acef said:

One one off occurrence of which bv were reprimanded.

Poole, over the years, have persistently broken rules and never had the consequences. Part of an established elite that is often untouched.

People in glass houses an all that

Break the rules and get punished by the authorities. No problem with that. Next.......!?

• Like 1