British Speedway Forum

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

Hi guys.

Sorry for bothering you all.

Trying to get hold of the Poole fan I met at the Prague GP last night. He helped out Darren who was showing us around the pits.

We were on the roof together.

I got the stuff you lent him back after you had gone.

If he sees this can he  send me an email and I will post the stuff back to you (afraid I got back more than we lent out).

Paul (a cheetahs fan).

Edited by paul666

2 hours ago, ray c said:

I agree should be a tenner tomorrow night and children free . matt said when Ipswich was there earlier in the season they lost a five figure sum with only 840 attending could be the same tomorrow night as well we shall see

And you will pick up the £20,000 shortfall? Clubs can’t afford to reduce prices. 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

I agree should be a tenner tomorrow night and children free . matt said when Ipswich was there earlier in the season they lost a five figure sum with only 840 attending could be the same tomorrow night as well we shall see

Take it by reading this you wont be going either ?

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

And you will pick up the £20,000 shortfall? Clubs can’t afford to reduce prices. 

no I am not in the same bracket as you financially it just an opinion .I thought that what the forum is for 

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Take it by reading this you wont be going either ?

steve little lap dog has arrived 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Shouldn't be paying out that much....

.A HUGE outlay for a sport with such a small following..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ruckerroo said:

Speedway needs to bin tv league coverage, bar the final each yr every match makes a loss it seems, bar the bank holidays and random summer meeting

There is a place for speedway on tv every other sport seems to do ok it just proves that the promotorsdeal not very good at negotiating a good deal just an opinion

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

£20,000?? Thats over 1300 paying adults (taking account of VAT) Are there that many each week anyway to make that possible even if it was made free on the night?

Charging full admission will mean many hundreds will stay at home and watch it on TV and is a sure way of maximising that shortfall.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Speedway needs to bin tv league coverage, bar the final each yr every match makes a loss it seems, bar the bank holidays and random summer meeting

I am beginning to agree especially when each televised match portrays a sport that has a couple of hundred elderly people still following. I was a firm advocate of keeping speedway on TV but the promoters have no idea how to utilise it to best effect. So, yes, perhaps it is time to end it when the current contract runs out. Before taking on this contract they should have jointly agreed to open the doors for £10 and make an effort to fill it up. Are the sponsors over the moon with the coverage they get and so urge Buster et al to continue with it?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

I am beginning to agree especially when each televised match portrays a sport that has a couple of hundred elderly people still following. I was a firm advocate of keeping speedway on TV but the promoters have no idea how to utilise it to best effect. So, yes, perhaps it is time to end it when the current contract runs out. Before taking on this contract they should have jointly agreed to open the doors for £10 and make an effort to fill it up. Are the sponsors over the moon with the coverage they get and so urge Buster et al to continue with it?

To pay for two hours worth of advertising for your business in a prime time evening slot would cost thousands and thousands...

Speedway gets it for even better than free because they actually get money..

Yet many seem to never use this HUGE opportunity to advertise themselves...

• Like 1

I have said this before but if people stay away you will not get any money from them, even if you charge a tenner, that’s ten quid you would not have got otherwise, it doesn’t cost anymore to run the stadium if you have 500 people in or 5000 so you might as well pack the place out.

500 adults at £20 a pop is 10k

1000 adults at £10 a pop is also 10k

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, marko said:

I have said this before but if people stay away you will not get any money from them, even if you charge a tenner, that’s ten quid you would not have got otherwise, it doesn’t cost anymore to run the stadium if you have 500 people in or 5000 so you might as well pack the place out.

500 adults at £20 a pop is 10k

1000 adults at £10 a pop is also 10k

Some people on here struggle with maths.