British Speedway Forum

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

32 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

I responded to the first post that suggested there were no injuries at Poole this year.  I responded with the name of two riders who WERE injured at Poole - whether they came back too soon or not, the fact is they were both injured at Poole QED

They both fell but only TM didn't take any further part in the meeting, Doyle won both his subsequent races so are you saying he rode and won those races injured? 

18 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Neither got injured at Poole. Doyle was injured in the evening meeting at Swindon and Musielak the week before in Poland. 

I can hear it now...... Neil said ..Matt, we really need extensive work done on the track, those holes are bordering on dangerous and we've got the TV coming in a couple of weeks,.... Matt to Neil.., ok Muddlo I hear you, I'll get something organised in the dim distant future, just put out a bit in the Echo to say track work to be done, but quite frankly whilst our fans keep defending us and keep coming, why waste more money??

:P:wink:

• Like 1

Not defending the track just putting the facts out there. Doyle injured himself on the first bend at Blunsdon in the evening meeting. Fell at Poole but not injured. The Pole  fell at Poole but was already injured with Rosco telling him not to ride before the meeting. Didn’t have the strength to hold on. 

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Raked up by a Swindon fan.

No it wasn't, gavan mentioned the track and it carried on from there, 

2 hours ago, cityrebel said:

No discounted admission on monday for the TV match?

They can't afford to. They are up with the dearest for a family( top prices for u16's). Best supported in the league, and still loosing money so Ford said.

Edited by Bald Bloke

Did he spend the PILE he made when crowds were much more substantial? Whatever he did with it, he clearly did not re-invest much of it in Poole Speedway especially the track.

"Love the sport" is the cry of all the current promoters - I don't think so! Short termist, grab the cash ( when there is some ) and run. They cannot be losing hand over fist as some claim, no-one would do that for more than a season. You would sell up for 30 bob ( £1.50 for the younger members ) just to get rid of the debt liability. Do you really expect us to believe that they truly feel that the UK sport can be turned around and have few spaces on the terraces. Not going to happen under the "forward thinking - more of the same please" BSPA.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No why should there be? BT don’t compensate Poole for showing the meeting.

Broadcasting these events from an empty stadium shows the sport in a bad light. Surely the promoters want the casual viewer to think that Speedway is still popular in this country. A big crowd might encourage a few people to return to the sport, or some newbies to give it a try.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Broadcasting these events from an empty stadium shows the sport in a bad light. Surely the promoters want the casual viewer to think that Speedway is still popular in this country. A big crowd might encourage a few people to return to the sport, or some newbies to give it a try.

I agree should be a tenner tomorrow night and children free . matt said when Ipswich was there earlier in the season they lost a five figure sum with only 840 attending could be the same tomorrow night as well we shall see