British Speedway Forum

Poole v Wolverhampton Premiership Monday June 17th live on BT Sport

37 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why didn't anyone else's cut out come out, they all were affected by the bumps.

Maybe the Poole riders have cottoned on and use some blue tac as an extra assurance against that happening +6 of the Wolves riders:D

It is bloody bumpy though,has a wavy effect when i see it.

Edited by tellboy
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Why didn't anyone else's cut out come out, they all were affected by the bumps.

If that happened the track would have been beyond unsafe. What other reason can you put it down to that his cut out come out?

do you despite his comments on social media and think the track was ok then?

Just now, foreverblue said:

The track didn't stop him in his 3rd ride .

At least he managed that safely. Nobody wants to ride such a bumpy track particularly when coming back from an injury. 

You really can’t fault a riders effort when the track was so bumpy. 

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

As previously stated how do you think the cut out came out then? Do you have another viable reason?

If Nick says that is the reason then fair enough. But he hasn't and you are making an assumption. Seeing as you commented on his FB status, maybe you should have asked him if that was the actual reason..?

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I didn't say it wasn't bumpy, it clearly was and it needs sorting.

Sorry if you didn't see my side of funny,we must have a different sense of humour up here.It was more of a little dig at Morris really.I expected you to see that FB.My second sentence was merely stating what i saw last year when i was down.

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Sorry if you didn't see my side of funny,we must have a different sense of humour up here.It was more of a little dig at Morris really.I expected you to see that FB.My second sentence was merely stating what i saw last year when i was down.

Yes saw the joke but thought you inferred i had said it wasn't bumpy, Morris had issues until a good third ride to overtake Covatti.

2 hours ago, geoff58 said:

has the work started today on re-laying the track today and will it be done for next weeks match against b/vue ? 

You can’t see the track for graders and heavy plant. The place is a hive of activity... There is even a fella that looks like MF on a giant mixer blending the new shale mix... :-) All overseen of course by a Starman lookalike who appears to be the Quality Controller and is referring to a document titled “Glen’s guide to laying the perfect speedway track 2017/18”. 

Edited by Aviator
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If Nick says that is the reason then fair enough. But he hasn't and you are making an assumption. Seeing as you commented on his FB status, maybe you should have asked him if that was the actual reason..?

You are also making an assumption that he pulled up in 2 rides with engine failure. It’s not rocket science to see why Morris had little interest in racing that night.

2 hours ago, stevebrum said:

You are also making an assumption that he pulled up in 2 rides with engine failure. It’s not rocket science to see why Morris had little interest in racing that night.

No I haven't, have I said anywhere why I think it happened? No. Again why not ask him instead of assuming, as at the moment it is just your opinion. Only Nick or his mechanic can confirm if it's a fact.