British Speedway Forum

Peterborough vs Poole 23/05/19 Premiership

42 minutes ago, BobC said:

I didnt go,so a little confused.

Pooles official website report says Kurtz tried to go round Tungate when he fell in Ht13. On here, all have said it was Andersen!

Which is correct?

The first bit... Anderson was no where near him despite Kurt's childish arm waving.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PE7Panther said:

Or , depending on your agenda, half full. 

And that'd make it 1,100 plus a couple of hundred or so on the bends and back straight. So not exactly a pi55poor crowd, and I'm guessing loads of other clubs would be happy  with it.  

Ok half full then but certainly looked a bit less than when I have visited before, I didn't say it was a very poor crowd but if the track produces that standard of racing regularly then you would hope the crowd would increase. I did notice the block of seats on the 4th bend was completely empty, is there a safety issue with that block or just they want to keep the spectators in the main part of the stand? I have no agenda, I have always enjoyed my visits to the showground but last night exceeded all expectations racing wise, shame we didn't win but early days.

8 minutes ago, Lukas said:

The first bit... Anderson was no where near him despite Kurt's childish arm waving.

The arm waving was a attempt to influence the referee I think, he could have let Hans go and we would have got a 4-2 and won the meeting .Hans was on fire last night especially heat 15 when he rode the boards great ride.

1 minute ago, cityrebel said:

Historically Peterborough have never had good crowds on a midweek race night, so yesterday wasn't too bad. Everyone wants more, it's just human nature!

Usually a better crowd wherever and whenever Poole visit!!:t:

6 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Sounds like the meeting was great. Pity it wasn't a TV meeting. But always good to hear fans praising the racing for a change. Seems like Buster has listened to someone :)

lets hope the return at poole next week is as good .and not forgetting against Swindon as well:t::t:

Edited by ray c
  • Like 1

The difference last night was our underperforming riders suddenly performed...if Nicholls and Bates do the business things could turn round for us..no one has mentioned Charles Wright..again superb..Panthers rider of the season by a mile so far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lukas said:

The difference last night was our underperforming riders suddenly performed...if Nicholls and Bates do the business things could turn round for us..no one has mentioned Charles Wright..again superb..Panthers rider of the season by a mile so far.

Maybe to do with the track being better. Or at least part of the reason..Hope it continues.. 

3 hours ago, BobC said:

I didnt go,so a little confused.

Pooles official website report says Kurtz tried to go round Tungate when he fell in Ht13. On here, all have said it was Andersen!

Which is correct?

He was attempting to go around Andersen but just ran out of room.

• Like 1